Pipelayer

by therax

Freely route pipes underground, turning corners and running long distances, with intuitive costs.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b Random Crash

2 years ago

The mod Pipelayer (0.5.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event pipelayer::on_entity_died (ID 4)
pipelayer/Network.lua:110: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
pipelayer/Network.lua:110: in function 'for_entity'
pipelayer/Editor.lua:114: in function 'disconnect_underground_pipe'
pipelayer/Editor.lua:391: in function 'on_mined_surface_connector'
pipelayer/Editor.lua:461: in function 'on_entity_died'
pipelayer/control.lua:34: in function <pipelayer/control.lua:34>

Got this error while roaming around my base. No interaction triggers the event, it just happens all of a sudden and I can't progress any further :(

I have a lot of mods installed, one of them is Belt Layer

2 years ago

Looks like maybe biters are killing one of your pipe connectors?

2 years ago

Oh! Thank you for pointing out the possible source of this error. That makes sense... Since I set up my remote resource bases for self-defense, I started to ignore any pop-up notifications. Lemme check it out and I'll get back at'cha.

2 years ago

Yes! That was the issue... Phew, I was worried I could've had to give up on your mod for this run, 50 hours in. Thanks for the quick reply mate. Btw, this is one issue I have learned to ignore as it's just a minor inconvenience whenever I'm not able to remove an underground connector due to a random crash. Any clues as to what could possibly trigger this error? It's not that common, but I've definitely come across at least a couple of "buggy" connectors that always refuse to get removed (else I get a crash).

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Could you send the save? This crash means that the map is corrupted, and there is a Pipelayer connector on the map that isn’t correctly synced to internal mod data.

I’ve found the problem caused by buggy custom construction mods. Are you running any custom bot replacements like Construction Drones or Companion Drones, instant blueprinting mods like Creative Mod, etc.?

New response