Past's Defense Stuff

Adds a tesla turret, a shotgun turret, and an Incendiary shell ammo type for shotguns

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
Combat

i Shotgun turret

1 year, 10 months ago

Hi! Firstly, thanks for making the mods you're making recently. Loving it so far!

A suggestion on the shotgun turret graphics, currently it looks like a tank turret and is difficult to make apart from Vortiks tank turret mod which I'm using as well. Would it be possible for you change it to something that screams early game, weak, shotgun on a stick instead? Not sure about the stats but maybe it can be a 2x2 entity.

These are just ideas though. I'm not aware of what your thought process was so you can choose to not take these seriously.

1 year, 10 months ago

I'm glad your enjoying them. Unfortunately for the graphics I don't really have the skills to make something myself. You can check out my siege ballista mod if you want to see what graphics I make from scratch look like, and that was way more work than I'm interested in doing again. So I'm limited to existing game assets since I don't want to just steal someone else's graphics. (Tesla turret is just beacon assets combined with old crashed-ship assets on a turret base)

It's currently using the tank's turret which I think actually looks pretty appropriate tbh, but I could use the car's turret instead. The problem is that the car's turret has the ammo belt coming off of it which screams machine gun and that bothers me. I also don't like how similar it is to Vortik's; I'll think on it.

Not sure what you mean by 2x2 entity, is it not already a 2x2? Why would the size need to change?

1 year, 10 months ago

After removing the ammo belt from the car turret and putting it on a modified laser-turret base, I decided I actually liked how the car turret looked, so that is the new graphic.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hey, thanks so much for considering and implementing my suggestion. It looks much better now! Cheers!

New response