Radioactivity Kills Slowly

Radioactivity is just like love... KILLS SLOWLY AND GIVES CANCER! (Now packed with features)

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago

b Alert Flicker [FIXED]

1 year, 4 months ago

Hello again!
Apologies but dropping by to report another bug :-(
This is a weird one:
I have been noticing my alerts keep flicker continuously and don't last more than a second. Base game they should display for 10s, but mine seem to trigger and dissappear before I can even react. Happens with all alerts. Eg "entity destroyed" alert will dissappear immediately and not hold. Even "missing entity to build" alert will keep flickering and hovering over the alert will show wildly changing numbers (in a stable logistics network)

Folks over at #mod-making mentioned I should check if any of my mods are calling remove_alert() and doing a quick search it seems to be this one, therefore the report. I tried removing this mod and it indeed solves the issue. Also, this happens continuously, even when I'm not anywhere near uranium and for all alert-types.

Would very much appreciate if you could investigate into this. I can supply the save if you'd like.

Btw, gotta say I love this one! It's a permanent addition to my default set for any playthrough! (I even disable K2 radioactivity and replace it with this one cuz of the deeper mechanics)

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Yup, get me the save please, this looks interesting

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate

1 year, 4 months ago

Thanks, i'll try this later on, could you give me a (kind of) step-by-step sequence of things to do?

1 year, 4 months ago

Ah, here's how you reproduce:
1. Just plop down a ghost of something that's not provided on the logistic network. In this save, you can do centrifuges or nuclear reactors.
2. Hover over the "material missing for construction" alert

You'll notice:
1. Entity count in alert will fluctuate rapidly
2. Alert icons on map are auto-removed and auto-populate repeatedly

You can try to induce other alert types (entity damaged, entity destroyed, etc.) and notice the alert gets deleted very fast (<=60 ticks)

Finally, remove "Radioactivity Kills Slowly" and reload.
Notice how alerts are stable and behave normally.

1 year, 4 months ago

Alrighty then, thanks for the detailed description, 60 ticks is the interval at which radioactive alerts are created/removed.
I think it shouldn't be too hard to tinker with, i've probably misinterpreted the API when i wrote the function

1 year, 4 months ago

Good news, i was able to track the bug down and fix it.
I had a hard time replicating it though, as it only happened when multiple alerts stacked, like placing one single reactor ghost did nothing, by placing more of them i was able to replicate.

Anyways, fix will be in the next release along with a bunch of new things and better code handling, soon enough you'll be able to run towards your friends with your pockets packed with U235 and kill them without having weird alert flickers :D

THANKS FOR REPORTING!

1 year, 4 months ago

Hahaha thank you for letting me commit suicide by jetpacking over a uranium field!

God am I a sucker for masochistic mods!

1 year, 4 months ago

FIXED!

New response