Radioactivity Kills Slowly

Radioactivity is just like love... KILLS SLOWLY AND GIVES CANCER! (Now packed with features)

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago

i GUI visibility shortcut [IMPLEMENTED]

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

I would suggest adding a shortcut and Hotkey to toggle visibility of the new radiation and shield value display

1 year, 6 months ago

Good point, will be implemented in the next release, thanks for the feedback

1 year, 6 months ago

Also, today I tested the mod with my current k2 + se modpack and some things I saw were that the shielded chest does not seem to shield correctly -> radiation of items in the chest did still affect me. Additionally, another idea that might be useful is a setting to turn off the tank since for example in my k2 + se modpack there seems to be no fluid that could be radioactive.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

cool, i'll check that too, as i need to revise a couple of things anyways as apparently the new GUI causes desyncs in MP

EDIT: Already found the cause, i did rename "shielded-chest" to "osm-rks-shielded-chest" and i did forget to rename the gate in the code

1 year, 6 months ago

The issue with tanks and chests has been fixed

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

Rather than make a shortcut i have implemented three different states for the GUI:
- Always on (default)
- Always off
- Dynamic (only shows GUI when radiological activity is detected)

Also added a setting to enable/disable the shielded storage tank and a few more things (see changelog)

Enjoy!

1 year, 5 months ago

Really cool, that's like everything I wished for. Only thing for me atm is that dynamic mode does not work correctly. But maybe this has also to do with something else. When I have radiation, it is showing me Rad. Level 0.00 and Exposure -1.20...

1 year, 5 months ago

Also, just want to ask another question about something I just experimented around with in my test save. What is the benefit of the radiation shield over a normal shield?

1 year, 5 months ago

That 1.20 you see is the player "half life", basically radioactivity applies a DoT to player which halves for every cycle of the script when you move out of an irradiated zone, when both values are 0 the GUI disappears (the exposure is what causes damage)

For the rad shield it basically directs the damage that should be done to the player towards your batteries, 1kJ per radiation level is drained from batteries instead of damaging the player, if batteries get drained no matter what other shields you wear player starts taking damage regardless of shields.

EDIT: Should be noted that radiation shields do not stack with each other, wearing 1 rad shield or 10 rad shields makes no difference towards battery draining

1 year, 5 months ago

For me, I never reach 0 exposure, the "default"/"natural" exposure is -1.20 for me so GUI never disappears.

I used other shield and player was not getting damaged, shield got damaged.

1 year, 5 months ago

Iooking into it right now, though it is very strange to go below 0
:D

1 year, 5 months ago

Also i'd like to have your savefile to see what exactly causes this behaviour

1 year, 5 months ago

Apparently i can't replicate the issue, in that save is your exposure at a negative value?

EDIT: Shield thing doesn't work because you're at a negative value, shield gets checked only when exposure is above 0.01 (this is to avoid running code when not necessary to save UPS), to fix it i'll force the value to 0 if the value is negative but the fact that it manages to go somehow negative is still puzzling me

1 year, 5 months ago

Yes will later try on a new one

1 year, 5 months ago

Found the cause, wearing hazmat suits (or other armors with radioactive damage reduction) sometimes causes the exposure to go negative bugging the GUI (the actual damage/decay cycle against player wasn't affected at all).
I'll roll the fix later on this evening

Thanks for feedback and testing

1 year, 5 months ago

FIXED!

New response