Radioactivity Kills Slowly

Radioactivity is just like love... KILLS SLOWLY AND GIVES CANCER! (Now packed with features)

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago

b Multiplayer Crash [FIXED]

1 year, 8 months ago

Getting a crash whenever a player dies in multiplayer, when its specifically anyone but the host.
Throws one of two errors

First Error displayed here:
https://i.imgur.com/JdHGV59.png

Second one here (accidentally backed out before taking a clean picture of it):
Excerpt from Log:

17436.590 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:948: updateTick(1014707) received stateChanged peerID(2) oldState(WaitingForCommandToStartSendingTickClosures) newState(InGame)
17548.911 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 1021445: The mod RPG System (1.3.2) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event RPGsystem::on_entity_damaged (ID 101)
The mod Radioactivity Kills Slowly (1.1.21) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event osm-radioactivity::on_player_died (ID 43)
osm-radioactivity/control.lua:149: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
osm-radioactivity/control.lua:149: in function <osm-radioactivity/control.lua:146>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'damage'
RPGsystem/control.lua:1480: in function <RPGsystem/control.lua:1423>
17548.911 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod RPG System (1.3.2) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event RPGsystem::on_entity_damaged (ID 101)
The mod Radioactivity Kills Slowly (1.1.21) caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event osm-radioactivity::on_player_died (ID 43)
osm-radioactivity/control.lua:149: attempt to index local 'player' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
osm-radioactivity/control.lua:149: in function <osm-radioactivity/control.lua:146>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'damage'
RPGsystem/control.lua:1480: in function <RPGsystem/control.lua:1423>"
17548.911 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:797: updateTick(1021445) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
17548.911 Info SteamContext.cpp:486: Leaving lobby...
17554.710 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:141: Quitting multiplayer connection.
17554.710 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:797: updateTick(1021445) changing state from(Failed) to(Closed)
17554.997 Info UDPSocket.cpp:218: Closing socket
17554.997 Info UDPSocket.cpp:248: Socket closed

1 year, 8 months ago

Thanks for reporting, i didn't have a chance to test it properly in multiplayer, is it caused by any death or just radiation death? Did you try disabling rpg system ro check if the crash still occurs?

1 year, 8 months ago

Its on death from any source, tried it recently without the RPG mod, and at first it seemed fine, but eventually the same behavior of the first example occurred.

1 year, 7 months ago

I'm pretty sure the bug has been fixed but, as i'm currently unable to test it in multiplayer, i'd like to know if everything works as it should (especially for hosted players).

Things that SHOULD happen (if you have a chance to test both ends client and host that would be great):
- On death by radiation the flashing warning next to the quickslots should disappear immediately
- On death by any other source game should not crash

1 year, 7 months ago

any news?

1 year, 7 months ago

Its been looking pretty good so far when playing with just one other person, havent been able to get my usual peers togetherbeyond that but its been working pretty well so far! Will post again if something comes up but thank you very much for the awesome addition and challenge

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

If it works for two players it works for all

Thanks for the feedback!

Also, the mod code is under heavy rework, more features and settings are being added and compatibility will be wider

New response