by muink

Efficient use of Nuclear Fuel.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Power

i Generalize 60% and 90% Pu239 to just Plutonium

5 years ago

Maybe your goal was to be accurate about isotopes, then ignore this suggestion.

Otherwise consider generalizing "65%-plutonium-239" to just "plutonium" and "90%-plutonium-239" to "plutonium-weapon-grade" without isotope numbers so they can be more easily used in other mods.

Different isotopes of Plutonium have different uses. Pu238 in RTGs, Pu239 in weapons and reactors, Pu240-242 as high power fuels.
All of these require different processes to create and when done realistic easily become as massive as Angels or Bobs just to create specific plutonium isotopes.

5 years ago

Maybe your goal was to be accurate about isotopes, then ignore this suggestion.

Otherwise consider generalizing "65%-plutonium-239" to just "plutonium" and "90%-plutonium-239" to "plutonium-weapon-grade" without isotope numbers so they can be more easily used in other mods.

Different isotopes of Plutonium have different uses. Pu238 in RTGs, Pu239 in weapons and reactors, Pu240-242 as high power fuels.
All of these require different processes to create and when done realistic easily become as massive as Angels or Bobs just to create specific plutonium isotopes.

Thank you for your suggestion and i know you want to express
Actually, the 65% and 90% just use to distinguish their purity, WGPu need >90% to produce nuclear weapons, but Pu from spent nuclear fuel usually does not reach this purity. Cannot be used directly to manufacture nuclear weapons.
As for the production of other isotopes, there is no plan for the time being. I am a newbie moder and still learning them:D

5 years ago

Would you consider changing the "reactor grade" and "weapons grade" to "-238" and "-239"?

The reason I ask is because the RTG mod looks for 238 and generates it if it can't find it. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RTG

Using both mods at the moment I have to have a process to generate plutonium in a centrifuge just for RTGs, and I'd prefer to be able to use the plutonium generated with this mod.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

"reactor grade" is also Pu-239. It is just a by-product used to produce MOX fuel cell.
This mod does not currently have a way to produce Pu-238. (May be added as a new feature in the future)
If you want to make an RTG with Pu-239, you should submit the name "plutonium-239" to the RTG project: )

New response