Nihilist Quickstart Belts and Machines

Port of Caxx's Universal Quickstart Belts and Machines for Factorio 1.0+

Utilities
1 year, 3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

b Crash at end of starting cutscene

2 years ago

Hi, I received the following error message on starting a new game, in factorio 1.1.36.

Mods installed are mostly Py, LTN and a few others.

factorio-current.log doesn't seem to have any further info than the error message below. Is this a problem anyone else has seen, or is this probably something at my end or a mod combination? Anything I should check, or any other info you may need?

The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_cutscene_waypoint_reached (ID 34)
The mod Nihilist Quickstart Belts and Machines (1.0.5) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event nihilist_quickstart::on_cutscene_cancelled (ID 165)
nihilist_quickstart/control.lua:301: attempt to compare number with nil
stack traceback:
nihilist_quickstart/control.lua:301: in function 'getstuff'
nihilist_quickstart/control.lua:559: in function <nihilist_quickstart/control.lua:2>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'exit_cutscene'
...ata/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/freeplay.lua:100: in function 'handler'
core/lualib/event_handler.lua:47: in function <core/lualib/event_handler.lua:45>

2 years ago

(Addition: turning off this mod but changing nothing else worked OK.)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Thanks for the report I will have a fix soon.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Had to check "Don't place equipment in armor" to get this to not cause an unrecoverable error, but then got nothing.

2 years ago

I'm not getting anything inserted into my inventory either, even with the latest version from github.

1 year, 11 months ago

Looks like this error is specific to py mods, and looks like a section I still need to clean up. I'm sorry, the last year has been hectic, and I'm moving tomorrow but afterwards I'm going to take a look at this and I see some cleanup I can do to make it easier to maintain, I should have that up within a week or so.

1 year, 10 months ago

I ended up fixing it by converting the mod to use the starting equipment settings.

1 year, 10 months ago

Well, I thought I had published the fixed version, but it appears I haven't. I have basically begun rewriting this so that it is easier for me to react to things and also start adding new things, and that is progressing nicely I expect to have a new update out by Saturday.

New response