New force per player

This mod creates new force for each player. Those forces are enemies (you can use diplomacy mod), but they can share vision despite being enemies (check out settings->mod settings->per player) now finally radars don't always share vision. Every player has option to flip setting, so that his radars share/don't share vision. If you want also to have shared chat between all forces, I might recommend you always-shout mod ( https://mods.factorio.com/mod/always-shout )

2 years ago

b [CRUSH] control.lua:19: attempt to index field 'new_forceModData' (a nil value)

2 years ago

The mod New force per player (0.0.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event new_force::on_player_mined_entity (ID 66)
new_force/control.lua:19: attempt to index field 'new_forceModData' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
new_force/control.lua:19: in function 'get_global'
new_force/control.lua:34: in function 'radar_force'
new_force/control.lua:154: in function <new_force/control.lua:152>

2 years ago

Migrating from 0.0.4 did not work. Removing anything, like picking up a building will cause the above error. We have used this mod for a few months now and its really great! I hope you keep up the good work! We are grateful for this mod :D

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oooh, sorry for that. I will fix that today, ASAP.

Ah, it was big oversight by me. I changed names of newForce to new_force everywhere, without looking that this will change name of variable that is already in game. Therefore it caused bug in migration, but not in my testing of just new version.

Edit :
Please let me know if 0.0.8 fixed it.

2 years ago

0.0.8 Fixed it :D Migration from 0.0.4 was successful and new_force is working perfectly! Thank you very much! It is much appriciated.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Great, I'm glad it works!

New response