Neodymium


Rare-earth processing and neodymium magnets. Wash stone for monazite, separate it in separator banks and make the magnets that electric engines, express belts and other later machines need; earlier machines get cheaper optional magnet recipes. Cerium and lanthanum go into optional recipes, dysprosium makes high-temperature magnets, and magnets build direct-drive wind turbines. Works with Space Age, BZ, Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, Planetfall and Timeken.

Content
20 hours ago
2.1
29
Manufacturing

i Setting to avoid replacing engines?

2 days ago

I find most of the neodymium magnet recipes quite nice, but the locomotive and pump recipes seem quite OP. Could you add a setting to remove the additional recipes that replace engines?

2 days ago

Hi Solveig4,

I am looking into this. I also feel that the recipes are too powerful and am looking into balancing it.

Appreciate you taking the time for the message. I am still in my first play through with this mod combined with my other mods in a space age and separately a full bz+timeken+trikop+planetfall/ashier one.

If you find any more suggestions for improvements, please keep them coming!

2 days ago

I’ve just released 0.1.3 with a balance pass following your feedback. Pumps now keep their normal engine requirement, and locomotives require half the usual engines (10 in vanilla). The optional offshore pump recipe also makes one pump per craft now.

I’d like to see how these adjusted recipes play before adding another setting. Magnets still provide a material discount, while engine production remains part of the chain.

Thanks again for mentioning this! Let me know how the new costs feel in your playthrough and if other recipes feel off for you

a day ago

The new recipes are much better, thanks!

a day ago

Did encounter another odd one: The "pump with magnets" recipe is more resource-intensive than the regular pump recipe.

20 hours ago

Yeah you are right. The pump is especially tricky so I went back and forth if it's worth the additional recipe (modifying it won't work as pumps are needed very early game). I gave it a shot and in my play through it's now better (and still worth it from a pure resource standpoint, it still gives a discount).

I’ve rebalanced it in 0.1.4, which is now live: 2 engines + 2 pipes + 1 magnet → 2 pumps, halving the magnet cost per pump. Offshore pumps and fast inserters received similar adjustments.

LMK what you think.

New response