ModMash Splinter, Underground + Subways

Mod Mash Splinter for Undergrounds + Subways, Now you can go underground and expand your base in multiple dimensions

Content
2 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Environment

g Non-recoverable error when starting a map edited scenario

2 years ago

Hello! I'm running into a Non-recoverable error after trying to start a new scenario from a previously map edited save game. The mod ran just fine in the save game but after editing it a bit in the map editor, the edited savegame scenario now crashes instantly with the following error:

Error while running event modmashsplinterunderground::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
...splinterunderground
/prototypes/scripts/underground.lua:1339: in function 'local_stops_circuit_tick'
...splinterunderground__/prototypes/scripts/underground.lua:1388: in function <...splinterunderground__/prototypes/scripts/underground.lua:1384>

I only made small edits on the underground level with the editor and I'm not using subways or signals underground as of yet, simply added some shafts and carved some tunnels with couple pieces of rail. I also removed some tunnels made by the biters by using the out of map tile but erasing stuff with that surface tile type has worked before just fine without crashes.

2 years ago

I only have intermitent internet for next few weeks but will see what i can do.

2 years ago

possible fix coming. may need copy of save to properly fix

2 years ago

Cheers! I was only able to reproduce the error once out of 3 tries of making roughly the same edits in the editor from the working save game and I've been able to continue the game after redoing the edits that led to the broken scenario. I have it still saved if you need it but I could not find out the culprit for the error trigger on my own though. What was the local stops circuit ticks function even referring to?

2 years ago

I seems some subways were removed and the event tracking it wasnt fired. So on an update it was trying to reference an object that was no longer valid.

2 years ago

Okay, I also noticed that placing, connecting and removing electric poles causes the error more or less reliably. 4 out of 5 times produced the error after just fiddling around in the editor with medium/big electric poles, substations and underground power transfer stations.

2 years ago

Look I'm sorry but see not on main page. I will no longer be working on this project.

This thread has been locked.