Mining patch planner

by rimbas

Adds a planner that designs a mining drill layout for a resource patch.

Utilities
17 days ago
Mining Blueprints

b Issue with placing belts

20 days ago

Generally it works well, but occasionally I notice that there are segments of belts between the miners that are missing. It's impossible for me to reliably recreate the issue as it seems totally random. It's almost as if it places the ghosts at first, but then some of them disappear if I look away for a minute while waiting for bots to build it, lol.

20 days ago
(updated 20 days ago)

Generally it works well, but occasionally I notice that there are segments of belts between the miners that are missing. It's impossible for me to reliably recreate the issue as it seems totally random. It's almost as if it places the ghosts at first, but then some of them disappear if I look away for a minute while waiting for bots to build it, lol.

Edit: Right ok this probably has nothing to do with this mod. The issue is when I've placed down the ghosts and then use the mod YARM to monitor the ore amount. It'll erase placed ghosts on top of ore. But it does explain why it seemed to randomly disappear shortly after!

19 days ago
(updated 19 days ago)

For 1.6 I have added an Undo feature to remove ghosts (because Factorio mods can't use the vanilla undo que). First way to use it is clicking the Undo button at the top of the planner UI. The second way it can get triggered is if a new patch selection overlaps with the previous selection.

I looked at the code and noticed it can trigger if there's two patches at the same coords on two different surfaces. Other than that, I'm not sure how it could be misfiring. YARM doesn't seem to have any code that could even order deconstructions. Please report if you notice anything else.

18 days ago
(updated 18 days ago)

I made a short video showing the problem, though I'm still fairly convinced the issue lies with YARM and not this mod, but I could be wrong ofcourse. This is with the latest version.

https://streamable.com/4h6lyw

18 days ago

Huh, that's interesting. I couldn't reproduce it with my minimum setup. Could you upload the save file so I could test it on my end? There might be some other mod interaction that happens when YARM spawns its overlay entities.

18 days ago
(updated 18 days ago)

I've narrowed it down to something in Space Exploration causing the transport belt ghost deletion when YARM creates its marker. Made a minimal repro save file.
https://indev.space/f/factorio/SE-YARM/SE_repro_case.zip

Sorry but since this isn't a problem on my end I can't really provide any further support than telling you to use YARM first and then my planner.
You should report about this interaction to YARM developer but I not sure if they're active. Might be better to report directly to Space Exploration bugs forum on their discord.

18 days ago

Ah I see. Yeah no problem, as I said earlier I was pretty sure it wasn't an issue with your mod after I discovered the YARM thing. Thanks for the help though!

New response