Mining patch planner

by rimbas

Adds a planner that designs a mining drill layout for a resource patch.

Utilities
17 days ago
Mining Blueprints

i Double-ended Mining Patches

2 months ago

In late-stage mining when my mining productivity is high, I like to run belts out both the front and the back of the ore patch to get better throughput.
Currently, I do this manually. Ensuring each belt is evenly split front to back is a chore.
It would be great if MPP could place double-ended mining patches for me.
Could you add a mode to enable this?
Normally I like a 50/50 split front and back, but sometimes I want max front and only excess out the back. A toggle for this would be handy.
Please, please, please?

2 months ago

Will look into refactoring belt placement to allow this. I'll probably only do the "max out front first" so as to not bloat the implementation with config options.
Currently in middle of other changes so no ETA for update.

2 months ago

The problem with "max out front first" is that every time mining production tech goes up the ore patch needs to be manually rebalanced. With 50/50 you are guaranteed max output regardless of MP tech level. If there was only one option I would prefer 50/50.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

So I slept on it and I think I'll add a new layout specific for this. Double up the belt lanes with alternating drills to feed into plus the double ended option. Probably overkill but it should take care of any throughput problems.

2 months ago

How about using more space-efficient layouts like some of those found in this miner block collection? :-)

New response