Mining patch planner

by rimbas

Adds a planner that designs a mining drill layout for a resource patch.

Utilities
a month ago
Mining Blueprints

i Support for Angels Infinite Ores

1 year, 24 days ago

First of, I love this mod. It simplifies blueprinting ore patches a great deal.

One issue I have is compatibility with Angel's infinite ores.
For reference, AIO will sometimes create two ore patches. One is "infinite" (like an oil field that goes slower and slower) patch, which requires some form of liquid to extract the ores, and one normal patch surrounds this "infinite" patch. The normal patch does not require any liquid.
When using the ore planner, it will try to attach the pipes to the edge of the field, which will always be a normal mining drill.
The inner mining drills requiring fluid will never get their fluid since the outer mining drills do not transfer fluid.

Could you add an option to use pipes only for drills that require fluid or some sort?

For reference: I usually use the basic layout with pipes, then manually send in pipes between the drills and attach the pipe to the back side of the inner mining patch drills.

1 year, 24 days ago

Would a custom blueprint with something like this work?

I could probably add it as a hardcoded layout if it's "good enough".

1 year, 18 days ago

I tested a bit and that would work, yeah.

Once you get to the "outside" of the ore patch, the pipes are a bit in the way.
I replaced the pipe with only having the rightmost miners use the pipe.
Though I suppose that has the potential of not hitting every ore patch that requires liquid.

Is it possible to have one blueprint for when miners hit an ore patch and a different one for the "outside" of the ore patch? In that way, the pipe outside the ore patch could be linked together using underground pipes.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

I'm also playing with Angel's infinite ores, and actually the best idea that came to me was basically allowing the tool to filter in only a certain type of ore, so this way we can worry less about selecting the right area, and therefore also drills should be placed accordingly

(Probably a duped idea, see this: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/mining-patch-planner/discussion/63cf23da7ebfd62ba9c4f5ac)

New response