miniMAXIme: Character scaler and selector

by Pi-C

The player stands like a giant near the vehicles. Now you can adjust the size of your character -- and you can change your appearance at any time if you've other mods that provide extra characters!

Tweaks
3 days ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Localizations

3 years ago

If you want to provide translations, you can post here. (Basically, I've made this thread because a French translation for "minime" has been provided by Fr_Dae in a thread of the "Gear Girl Character" discussion page. It doesn't feel right to abuse that thread for "minime"-development.)

3 years ago

i'am here.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Great timing! I've just implemented the new settings. :-)

These are the new strings:

[mod-setting-name]
minime_scale-reach_resource_distance=Scale mining distance with character size
minime_scale-tool-attack-distance=Scale melee attack distance with character size
minime_character-selector=Enable character selector
minime_close-gui-on-selection=Close GUI after character change

[mod-setting-description]
minime_scale-reach_resource_distance=Enable this if you want to scale your mining distance along with the size of your character.
minime_scale-tool-attack-distance=Enable this if you want to scale your melee attack distance along with the size of your character.
minime_character-selector=Enable this if you play with other mods that provide new characters and want to change your appearance at any time during the game!\nPlease note: Even with this setting enabled, you will only get the character selector GUI if "minime" knows about the other characters. If the character you want isn't available for selection, ask the author of the mod providing it to add compatibility with "minime"!\n(Default: on)
minime_close-gui-on-selection=Enable this if the GUI should be closed after you have exchanged your character.\n(Default: off)

I also wonder if we should continue using "Appearance". It was the right choice as long as the premise was that new characters would always change the graphics. But Bob's Character classes, for example, leaves the graphics alone and changes some stats like inventory size instead. That would still be a legitimate reason to switch characters, but doesn't really fit well under the label "Appearance". What do you think?

3 years ago

-What do you think?
- nothing, I am against the mod or pack that we must add to other. I prefer the "all in one"

localisation FR : Fr_Dae @Dae#5125 (discord)

[mod-setting-name]
minime_scale-reach_resource_distance = Échelle de la distance de minage avec la taille des caractères
minime_scale-tool-attack-distance = Ajuster la distance d'attaque en mêlée avec la taille du personnage
minime_character-selector = Activer le sélecteur de caractères
minime_close-gui-on-selection = Fermer l'interface graphique après le changement de caractère

[mod-setting-description]
minime_scale-reach_resource_distance = Activez ceci si vous voulez redimensionner votre distance de minage avec la taille de votre personnage.
minime_scale-tool-attack-distance = Activez ceci si vous voulez redimensionner votre distance d'attaque en mêlée avec la taille de votre personnage.
minime_character-selector = Activez ceci si vous jouez avec d'autres mods qui fournissent de nouveaux personnages et que vous souhaitez changer votre apparence à tout moment pendant le jeu! \n
Veuillez noter: même avec ce paramètre activé, vous n'obtiendrez l'interface graphique du sélecteur de personnage que si "minime "connaît les autres personnages. Si le personnage que vous voulez n'est pas disponible pour la sélection, demandez à l'auteur du mod qui le fournit d'ajouter la compatibilité avec "minime" ! \n (Par défaut: activé)
minime_close-gui-on-selection = Activez ceci si l'interface graphique doit être fermée après avoir échangé votre personnage. \n (Par défaut: désactivé)

3 years ago

Thanks for the translations, just uploaded the new 0.0.16/0.0.17 (for Factorio 0.17 and 0.18, respectively)! :-)

New response