Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b Seems like the last update broke blueprinting

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

For example, I have a blueprint for a requester station that has this on the blueprint:

rail loader> loader> warehouse

Where loader> means the loader is moving things to the right. (So the first one on the left is removing from the train and the second one is taking the items from the first loader and inserting into the warehouse)

The thing is, when I build the station, I place the whole thing in the same blueprint.
The problem is that now the loaders don't maintain their configuration.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sK0nmZtLPVeA-kZ_dMECeyNNo7PlUvq9/view?usp=sharing

In the picture, the left part is how I expected it to be built, the right part is what happens when I paste the blueprint, the loaders become:
rail <loader loader>

On the right part, the rail is just a ghost because I was testing if the problem was the loader being placed while the rail was still a ghost, but that's not it.
It doesn't matter if the rail is a ghost or not, this problem happens.

Funny enough, if I just copy paste the loader setup it works.
It's just when blueprinting that it doesn't work anymore.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Yup, something broke, came here to report the same: I have a blueprint with Omega Drills and chests and miniloaders and ultimate belts (so, three mods :D): OD > chest > ML > UB (this way the OD can run at full speed). But this same BP that worked perfectly before on that same map suddenly gets the MLs orientated wrong, so the ore goes into the chest but not onto the belt. :(

2 years ago

"Fixed" it by downgrading to 1.14.2. 1.14.3 has fixes for bugs I never encountered, so it is for me is a regression (AKA "unintended side-effect bug"… German has a word for that: "Verschlimmbesserung" ;-))

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I can't reproduce your scenario with chest<-miniloader<-miniloader<-rail. Pastebin link is broken. Which blueprint are we looking at in the save?

@hankthesnake Can you please post your save with blueprint?

2 years ago

Sorry, I had forgotten that pastebin now deletes Factorio blueprints.
The blueprint can be either:
- Miniloader Requester
- Miniloader Provider
Both result in a wrong miniloader configuration.

I'm not sure if the save has my blueprints, so I uploaded a text file with the requester blueprint:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z3P_MdrhmW_8eD7wXuRuXuVM1IiOOBsN/view?usp=sharing

Here's another picture of what's happening:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dFv2w9c3ZORAW2d1rsl9vU3AZHTVjdxF/view?usp=sharing

Middle: The station how it should be (this same blueprint was working fine before the last update)

Left: What happens when I place the blueprint now, with the latest version

Right: What happens if I just Copy and Paste.

So basically, copy paste still works, but blueprint isn't working properly anymore.

2 years ago

Omg, I found part of the problem.
What a strange behavior.

Blueprinting only works fine if you get the blueprint from your inventory slots.

If you get the blueprint from the blueprint menu (B), then this problem occurs.

2 years ago

Thanks, that helps. v1.14.4 should prevent this from happening.

2 years ago

I got this after updating and trying to paste a BP:

The mod Miniloader (1.14.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event miniloader::on_pre_build (ID 9)
miniloader/control.lua:283: attempt to index global 'bp' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
miniloader/control.lua:283: in function 'handler'
miniloader/lualib/event.lua:15: in function <miniloader/lualib/event.lua:13>

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

After this update i can't place anything. Even in the sandbox mode. Same with only this mod active.

2 years ago

Fixed

2 years ago

Thanks

2 years ago

That was fast. Thanks :D

New response