Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b Filter miniloader tends to behave differently if placed by bots

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Let's say I want to have a build that has a lot of buildings producing the same recipe and this recipe has 2 solid outputs.
I put one of the buildings down, set the two output filter miniloaders by hand, then copy paste the building to have the desired amount and then I belt everything.

What I see happen a lot of times is that often the filter miniloaders placed by bots output only on one side of the belt, so, for example, if I planed the build for 30 items/s the output would be only 15/s since it would all be on one side of the belt, and only the one I set by hand putting on both sides.

A few times the copy paste behaves as if placed by me, so I'm not sure what exactly triggers it.
On my latest build, I had 2 filter miniloaders one for item X and another for item Y, the ones for item X all were outputting only on one side, but the ones for item Y were working as "they should".
I had to manually remove and replace all filter miniloaders for item X (that were placed by bots before) to force it to output on both sides of the belt...

I think this behavior might be related to having a belt or underground connected to it before the copy.
Because the filter miniloaders for item X didn't have any connection when I copied, but the ones for item Y were all connected to an underground belt.

2 years ago

It's very difficult to fix problems that arise only sometimes. If you have a specific blueprint that causes a problem, please post the save and/or a blueprint string and I will see if I can figure out what's happening.

2 years ago

Yeah, I didn't explain it well, sorry. I'm still not sure of the steps it just happened when I build some things that had more than one output.
I will try to pay more attention next time to try and find reproducible steps.

I tried on editor mode what I thought was the trigger, but it worked normally.
I did update your mod first though, so maybe something fixed it, but I'll post again with more information if this happen again.

Thank you.

2 years ago

I have seen this one sided output before as well.. Semi-frequently. I haven't been able to pin-point a trigger either. But to resolve it I simply reverse the direction and reverse it back again. Hover over it with the mouse and double-tap 'r'. That seems to get the items to flow again.

2 years ago

Oh, nice!

I'll try that when it happens again.

New response