Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b Technology requirements for Express Miniloaders "wrong" in Sea Block?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hello. Love the mod, can't play without it.

So I'm currently playing a Sea Block (0.4.6) run. I just unlocked Express Belts, which (at least in Sea Block) requires Blue Science. I was going to then immediately research the appropriate tier Miniloader, when I realized that the Express Miniloader research requires Purple Science. To put it mildly, I'm approximately 100 years from making Purple Science (grin)!

The research requirements for Express Miniloaders (again, in Sea Block) are Express Belts, Fast (Red) Miniloaders, and... Purple Science. This differs from every other belt speed in Sea Block, including the next two tiers. For all other tiers, if you've researched the appropriate belt tier, you can then immediately research the Miniloader for that same tier.

Is there a reason that (only) the Express Miniloader has this additional requirement? I realize it's possible that the technology requirements are being inherited from Sea Block (or its constituent mods) and are not determined by your mod at all (if so, please let me know, and I'll go bug them). But having Express Belts without the appropriate Miniloader makes them all but useless to me (shows how reliant I've become on your mod).

This regards Factorio 0.18 (the last version) and 1.0 (both have same behavior), Sea Block 0.4.6, and Miniloader 1.11.3. The only optional mod I'm using (that your mod has dependencies for) is Bob's Logistics (0.18.9).

Thanks for the great mod!

3 years ago

Miniloaders copies the tech requirements from the base tech (in this case, Logistics 3). I believe the Seablock Mod adjusts the requirement for Logistics 3 to remove purple science, but it doesn’t do anything about the Miniloader technology. I’ll see what I can do.

New response