Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
1 year, 10 days ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g Leighzer Slow N' Cheap Items Integration

4 years ago

Hello - I've had a player express interest in our mods being compatible. My mod adds tier zero entities such as belts, inserters etc. These tier zero additions are half the speed of their regular vanilla counter parts and they are made with raw materials (iron-ore, copper-ore etc.).

The player would like the chute miniloader to have the same speed (7.5 items/s) as my slow n' cheap belt I add.

I went ahead and added an optional dependency and have some data-updates.lua code to accomplish this. However, looking through your mod, perhaps it may make more sense if your mod adds the dependency and updates the chute given that you have all of your miniloader functions at your disposal.

Feel free to take a look at my code and let me know what you think is best.

Thank for your time!

4 years ago

Hey there! I’ve actually been thinking about exposing an API to make it easier for other mod authors to add miniloaders and benefit from any bug fixes I make. For consistency I’d recommend adding another tier of miniloaders to match your belts that is 1/2 speed, and leave the chutes as 1/4 speed.

4 years ago

An API would be great! Adding a new loader at the same tier is a great idea, I agree it makes good sense and is consistent.

I suppose I could detect if your mod is loaded, and require in the same file with helper functions you use to build the loaders. Then I could make any overrides if necessary like you do for the chute.

Thanks for the input. If you come around to making an API just ping this thread!

New response