Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

i Full Snapping Disable/Rotate Hotkey

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Might be just me but, I get particularly frustrated when, despite disabling Snapping, miniloaders will automatically flip either their flow direction - or worse, the entire structure, if you place (or upgrade) a belt in front of or behind them, despite there being no hotkey to rotate the structure itself without picking it up and re-placing it.

I would like to request an option to fully disable automatic reorientation of miniloaders. Perhaps have one be 'Placement Snapping' and another be 'Reactive Snapping'.
And/or a hotkey that allows rotating the actual structure, rather than just the flow direction.

Less importantly, I find it frustrating having to remember to re-disable placement snapping with every new game. I would rather be able to set it in the Startup settings, or be able to make it default to off.

That all said, I very much appreciate this otherwise fantastic mod. It has proven to be one of the most useful structures I've added by far.

3 years ago

Are you running any other loader-related mods? I ask because Loader Redux among some others implements its own snapping, and it can trigger on miniloaders even if you have turned off the option for the Miniloader mod. The option is intended to be all inclusive, so if there are still circumstances where Miniloaders are snapping with the option turned off and no other mods are involved I would consider it a bug to be fixed.

If you could describe where the snapping behavior is not doing what you want, I’d be glad to adjust the logic. The hope is that the snapping is smart enough to do the right thing except in very exceptional circumstances.

Making the snapping toggleable via a keyboard or button shortcut is a good idea, and I’ll look into it. I believe if I made it a per-player setting instead of a map setting, it would carry over between saves as well, so I’ll have a look at that.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Did a quick check through my mod list (There is quite a few I have installed) but miniloaders is the only loader mod I have installed, and I don't see any other mods that would have any obvious effect on structure orientation.
Here's a list of all the mods I have active, as well as (Tags) for what each mod is. https://justpaste.it/9f2ku

This is the best I could capture within 7 seconds of automatic readjustment with snapping disabled.
https://i.gyazo.com/1a9831e49a1dd3dfd22b6dd29968c851.mp4
This occurs regardless if the belt is in line with the miniloader or perpendicular, and occurs with splitters and Underground Belts as well.

UPDATE: I've disabled all of my mods except Miniloaders to test. They still automatically re-orient when a belt-type object is placed in front of or behind them. I enabled and disabled snapping to make sure it wasn't just a glitched setting save or something as well. Also I'm running on version 0.17.79, if that makes a difference.

Also, to clarify regarding the hotkey, I said I'd like a hotkey for rotating the structure, since R only swaps the flow direction. That's not to say that snapping toggle as a hotkey isn't a good idea too though.
Perhaps swap the functionality, have R rotate the structure as normal, and have flipping the flow be Ctrl+R, in line with changing input rotation for Bob's Inserters?

UPDATE 2: I've made the jump to 0.18, most recent version. The behavior still remains the same, even with it being the only mod active.

UPDATE 3: Seems there's actually a setting in-game in the 'Other' options section called "Use different mod settings per save"
Disabling it should allow miniloader snapping to remain unticked between new games, meaning you wont have to mess with where the setting is. :)

3 years ago

The snapping toggle should be fixed in the latest version. Thanks for reporting this significant bug. :)

The rotation behavior is modeled on vanilla underground belts: R swaps direction of flow, and changing actual facing requires it to be mined and rebuilt. I think adding a shortcut of Control-R to rotate the structure of a miniloader would make sense, since there isn't a partner miniloader most of the time. I'll look into adding that.

3 years ago

It is indeed fixed, thank you for taking the time to handle it! I very much appreciate it.

And, ah, that makes sense. I hadn't realized the parallel with underground belts. Well, I hope adding that kind of change in functionality goes smoothly. :)

3 years ago

Could SchallBeltConfiguration mod cause issues with miniloader placement even when the loaders on that mod are disabled?
I'll upload your latest version of this mod and see if it helps. I have issues with placement when using copy and paste but never issues when placing miniloaders with blueprints. With copy and paste, the robots quite often place stuff in the wrong order.

New response