Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b Miniloaders not working at all?

4 years ago

None of my miniloaders are working after this latest update. I just attempted replacing one of them, and nothing changed.

4 years ago

Same issue for me.

4 years ago

if you remove the belt next to the miniloader and place an new, miniloader will work again, but super annoying in a large base. :(

4 years ago

And If you remove the miniloader the picture is still there and overlaying all other items.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

And I don't have miniloaders in my crafting menu, although Chutes are - both are enabled in the settings.

4 years ago

same here (I do have miniloaders in the crafting menu, and I dont have chutes enabled, but they are not working, and if I remove them, they dont desappear)

4 years ago

I tried going back to previous version, and the problem persists, once you've saved a game with the last version, the problem wont desappear

4 years ago

I reverted to the previous version with an older save and the factory works again - the time lost was worth it compared to doing the 'fix' mentioned above

4 years ago

I have the same issue.
Loaders stopped unloading into belts.
Their icons stay on the map even when deleted.
I am sure a fix will come soon.

4 years ago

Updating the miniloader in place works, as does dropping a lower tier miniloader/chute on top of it.

4 years ago

I can't make them work no matter what I do. When I 'remove' them, the image of them doesn't go away. But I can then place the exact same miniloader right back on top of them, which still doesn't work. The same with removing the belts leading to it.

4 years ago

Replacing the belt in front worked for me, but as with inkraja, it'd be annoying to have to do that for all of them.

4 years ago

I cannot make them work by replacing them with a different tier. The original image stays there, and still doesn't work

4 years ago

About the previous version savegame, I thought about that, but I don't have any :(

4 years ago

I was in the process of running around and adding lots of signals along long stretches of unbroken train track to allow more trains to use them simultaneously, so I stomped over my save game before I got a chance to check on my miniloaders.

4 years ago

This should be fixed in v1.10.5, and any miniloaders broken by v1.10.4 should be fixed as well. Sorry for the trouble!

4 years ago

Updating now.

4 years ago

Errored, sent on the factorio discord.

4 years ago

I guess it's the same thing, but I have an error when trying to resume a saved game, the whole game crashes

4 years ago

Thanks for the update.

I tried to load factorio, but the game did not load the save but crashed.
Would you mind to have a look at the log file?

If I can provide anything else, please let me know.
Thank you!

https://we.tl/t-K4VfOBExpB

4 years ago

Therax responded on discord already. He says it may be something only Wube can fix. If you're on discord, he may want your save to test stuff.

4 years ago

Okay, the extra change I made in v1.10.5 to prevent the problem in v1.10.4 from happening again in the future apparently causes maps already corrupted by v1.10.4 from loading. Please try v1.10.6.

4 years ago

I am not on discord.

I noticed that when a belt went around a building (Pyanodon) and a shadow was falling on it - on some occasions the items on the belt stopped. Replacing the belt segment solved it.

It seems this might be something to do with Wube - but on the other hand there was no issue with the loaders before the update.

Would there be a way to temporarily revert to the old version so that the saves also carry over?
I have unfortunately saved the base already on the new version - so everything is kinda broken...

Attached the save with the mod directory. I hope this helps.
If you could please pass the links to discord?

Thank you.
https://we.tl/t-tW29blgEuo

Before I could finish the upload - you pushed a new update.
Unfortunately it still does not work quite - but it seems "a step further".
Factorio does not crash on load but throws this error:

The mod Miniloader (1.10.6) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event miniloader::on_configuration_changed
Unknown entity name: stack-loader
stack traceback:
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:8: in function <miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:6>
(...tail calls...)
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:121: in function 'fixup'
miniloader/configchange.lua:301: in function 'f'
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:138: in function 'forall_miniloaders'
miniloader/configchange.lua:293: in function 'fix_inserter_counts'
miniloader/control.lua:76: in function <miniloader/control.lua:70>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:8: in function <miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:6>
(...tail calls...)
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:121: in function 'fixup'
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:138: in function 'forall_miniloaders'

Thank you again for your efforts and fast reaction!

4 years ago

In my game, the issue is almost fixed, now I can remove miniloaders, and if I place them they work just fine, but, those that were already placed are still not quite working.

https://github.com/DanielHaggstrom/Factorio-JavaIsLIfe/blob/master/Capture9.PNG

4 years ago

Ok, this time it actually seems to be fixable by replacing miniloaders with another tier

4 years ago

Okay, v1.10.7 should fix all the loaders on the map so they connect to an adjacent belt again. I hope.

4 years ago

There is something weird about my save:

The mod Miniloader (1.10.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event miniloader::on_configuration_changed
Unknown entity name: stack-loader
stack traceback:
(...tail calls...)
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:137: in function 'fixup'
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:154: in function 'forall_miniloaders'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
(...tail calls...)
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:137: in function 'fixup'
miniloader/lualib/miniloader.lua:154: in function 'forall_miniloaders'

4 years ago

Is there any possibility to restore the save, apart from reinstalling the mod and recreating the connections manually?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I went through every update to 1.10.7. the issue still remains. Hopefully therax will find time to have another look.

4 years ago

The most recent update appears to have fixed all my issues.

4 years ago

I can confirm it too. It seems to work properly and also the remaining "ghosts/pictures" of removed loaders are disappeared after updating to latest version 1.10.7. Thanks for the fix!

4 years ago

The miniloaders appear to work for me now. I had the weirdest issue though where some splitters and some undergrounds ended up not working. Simply rotating them twice solved the problem, but it was very strange. I had to run around my entire base and do that in a number of places. It seemed like it largely affected undergrounds or splitters that had nothing but belt between them and a loader.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

@jonasrejman
This error indicates that somewhere on your map you have a stack inserter on the same tile as a miniloader, somehow. I have not been able to open your save because of the large size of your upload. Could you upload just the save, without the archive of your mods directory?

Edit: I was able to open your save in Miniloader v1.10.3, and it is incredibly broken, with partial miniloaders overlapping all kinds of other buildings. I can probably fix it, but you may have a lot of fixing to do unless you have an older save that is not damaged in this way.

4 years ago

Thanks for the efforts of looking at the save.
The behaviour it the bug was very weird - but I did not notice it soon enough and then I did not know what to do with the unremovable loaders.

I removed the mod and then rebuild the missing parts. Lesson learned. Save often. Save early.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Please delete. Double post.

New response