Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b V1.81 update slowdown Express belt input ?

4 years ago

Express miniloader input (from belt to chest) can only handle 30 item/s

Outputting item is not affected, still a correct 45 item/s though.

4 years ago

Thanks for the report! My testing setup had a weird inserter timing where it was actually able to move 45 item/s, but newly built express miniloaders could not. Should be fixed in 1.8.2.

4 years ago

Thanks, it's fixed in 1.8.2. 😘
Also it seems you also fixed the mini loader filter default switch back to whitelist again. πŸ‘
And the filter setting can be copy paste / blueprint again (in 1.81, it's always flipping to blacklist when pasting/blueprinting)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm still getting about 37 i/s with the express miniloader belt to chest. Factorio 0.17.64 miniloader 1.8.2

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Same here actually, but i didn't report it because i can't reproduce the behaviour....until now..😁
Well, kinda, it's only happening maybe 60% at a time.

Basically to test it, use this setup i prepare :
https://pastebin.com/7gxiK7YN

Mod you need to use that blueprint :

But the important bit is the order,...
Flip the Miniloader to feed the belt in this order:

-Bottom right (blue)
-Bottom left (yellow)
-Top Right (blue)

Don't touch the middle one (blue) that's the culprit we're trying to test.

Flip those consecutively as fast as you could (pressing R).
Occasionally the belt will suffer to achieve full compression, stuck with 37.5i/s
Maybe because the miniloader at the middle (the one feeding the void chest), it can't keep up with the irregular item feed, and can't resolved it.

BUT, there will be a time even if you flip those correctly, it will achieve full compression.
So, keep that in mind when running this test, just keep flipping in that order, eventually you see the issue.

I also test it using LoaderRedux, it didn't happen to them.

4 years ago

Yes, there are inserter timings where they don’t keep up, because blue belts are close to the limits for just 2 inserters. But as you noticed, if they fail to pick up the whole belt, disrupting the timing a little bit by rotating them will fix it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

So this is not fixable ? A known issue ? Must be flipping manually by player when the problem occur ?
I just realize when touring my factory, the problem happen more often than i originally thought.
Each factory have secondary input feed since the main feed would drain way too fast before another train arrive.
Thus secondary lines is acting as a reserve input.
That's where the problem happen, due inconsistent input from the main feed (+merge from backup feed), the miniloader stuck in certain speed.

Curious why this doesn't happen with LoaderRedux,
(although i only use that only as a tools to test this mod throughput)

Man, i can't switch to that mod, or any 1x2 tiles entity, the whole system is built around this cute 1x1 miniloader 😒

4 years ago

Man, i can't switch to that mod, or any 1x2 tiles entity, the whole system is built around this cute 1x1 miniloader 😒

I feel ya

4 years ago

Should be fixed for good in v1.8.3. I'm going to point anyone who complains that blue miniloaders are sometimes too fast to this thread. :)

4 years ago

Thank you, haven't test it, currently away from my gaming PC. But i'm sure you fix it for good.

Anyway, regarding those who (will) complain blue mini loader sometimes too fast, i have word to say to them:

Personally i never encounter it, but i'm sure it's much lesser problem than being stuck in lower speed.
I bet they will the first one to report if they encounter the "stuck in lower speed" bug.

Second, the "too fast" problem will resolved itself, that's just how the game works. You can't overfeed your factory, the lines will backlog itself.

The same resolution can't be said if you're stuck in lower speed, it can't resolved itself.
Once the problem occur, even if the lines is not partially full and you feed the belt with full compression, it just stuck.

The only way to resolved it, is to manually stop the lines, create a full deadlock for a bit, then enabling the feed again.
OR
Create a circuit logic that can detect the stuck, once detected, it will disable then re-enabled.
OR
Balance things before it went through the miniloader.

If you say : '"OK, isn't most of us balance things out ? So they shouldn't stuck if you balance them out first"
Oh boy, you come for a treat. You have no idea how this problem is soo ridiculous to solve.

Well, for a starter, it shouldn't even happen in the first place.
This problem is impossible to happen in vanilla.

Your "universal/unlimited/whatever" balancer will not work. I know this because i try all kind of variation of balancer, just to resolve ONE lines. The kind of belt you wouldn't even look at twice under normal play can create this bug (under certain circumstances).

So no, your "sometimes too fast" problem is not even close to this "stuck in lower speed"

New response