Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g [Request] Option to toggle power consumption in mod settings

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

In the games mod settings menu please include options for toggling power consumption of the mini loaders. Mostly because this is really the only loader mod that currently consumes power and I really cant use the alternatives because they do not support loading vehicles

5 years ago

This is not possible in 0.16, because inserters must be powered, and inserters are the only way to efficiently load vehicles. Once 0.17 comes out I can possibly switch them to not require power. For now you'll just have to live with it.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Any updates to this? I was kinda surprised at their power draw because I was using them as a replacement for inserters in one of my mines simply because they can send an item pulse to the circuit network (belts+compact loaders get a bit tricky since you "lose" items for a tick or two... curse my OCD for trying to make count-perfect systems). A few of them isn't bad, but when you have 12 of the tier one and they spike to 1.2MW every time... yeah, not ideal lol. Would it be possible to keep the power draw but make it configurable? Since they're based off inserters I imagine it isn't easy to get rid of it, but maybe being able to decrease it would improve functionality/versatility. They feel a bit prohibitive compared to Deadlock's compact loaders, with the tech cost + power usage.

5 years ago

That’s intentional. I determined power consumption based on the consumption of the number of stack inserters needed to match the throughput of a loader. I’ll consider adding an option.

5 years ago

I guess it's really since I added Deadlock's loaders, they're pretty cheap by comparison/maybe not balanced (with the drawback that they don't allow the same circuit network controls as these inserter-based loaders).
That being said, the power consumption isn't too bad anyways, I can just make sure to add accumulators in any subnet I use them in. ;D

5 years ago

When I first released Miniloaders, I got a bunch of feedback that boiled down to this: “As if Loaders Redux wasn’t OP enough, now you’re releasing 1x1 loaders. Power is free, so the fact that they consume energy isn’t even a balancing factor.” So it’s hard to please everyone. :)

If you hadn’t noticed, I released a new version with a setting to use the new functionality in 0.17 to eliminate power needs.

5 years ago

Hehe, I guess ultimately it's impossible to balance a sandbox game with many different playstyles. :)
Anyways, seen the new option, much appreciated, thank you! ^_^

New response