Market

by OwnlyMe

Mods like this have been deprecated by rseding.. show your anger here: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=85372&p=497019 https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=84880&p=496029

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b Game freezing on sulfuric acid

4 years ago

Game freezing on calculating the price of the sulfuric acid. My game is heavily moded. Bob, angel etc. Is it possible to make it run ?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

was it the first recipe and are you using 0.17.2 + ?
it should speed up after the first few recipes...
before the update it took around 15 minutes with just amator's phasma, now it takes 3 seconds.
it shouldn't freeze (in the fashion of an endless loop) in any case, and it only recalculates (sub-)recipes if parent products were used on previous calculations.
let me know if it finally worked :)

4 years ago

Yes. I have latest version of the game. Sulfuric acid is 486 out of 4007 recipes. I updated the mod and its still freezing the game in the same way. I cant do anything while this occur and i need to kill the game to turn it off

4 years ago

sec, i'll add a setting to set the maximal scanning depth

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Try it now, i set the maximal scanning depth to 35 because even my game has up to 16 subrecipes, but i'm not sure if that will already lock down your computer
You can change the scanning depth in the startup settings

4 years ago

:/ Even rising the scanning depth didnt work. I even turned off the bobs sulfur rework and nothing. Are there any mods that are definitely incompatible? Maybe i have installed one that just didnt work with your mod

4 years ago

you need to lower it :D
maybe try 16 or 20

4 years ago

I was happy that maybe i was dumb and did it wrong but lowering to 16 didn't work too :/

4 years ago

minimum is 9... :/ but this is getting pretty weird now... maybe send me your savegame so i can find out what mod is causing this ... and possibly fix it

4 years ago

I dont know if it mean anything but few seconds after bug game emit sound (Like this where you want to use Q on item that u dont have in your inventory). Music plays in background even after freeze

4 years ago

I tried to active this mod on fresh save and on existing one

4 years ago

yeah the recipes are always the same, i just need your savegame to get your mods

4 years ago

might take a while until i figure this out

4 years ago

might take a while until i figure this out

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

with 9 max depth it actually works.. just takes 5-10 minutes until it unfreezes and probably 30 minutes for the entire scan and basically every branch will be invalid :D
still investigating..

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

status update: Seems to be the stacking / compressing recipes (mostly)... i also need to fix the gui for the huge amount of item groups..

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

your recipe branches have a depth of 85+ recipes.. :/

4 years ago

Is it possible to make it run with this mods ?

4 years ago

i just gave up..
it actually works, but you need to let it calculate for VERY long.
after it figured out the sulfuric acid, it actually runs better, but i'm afraid i can't do much more for you.
right now testing how long it actually takes to calculate the sulfuric acid with unlimited scanning depth, it's already been 3-5 minutes...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

yeah doesn't work even after 30 minutes.. probably have to let it work the whole night... (but i didn't enable the "performance mode", which MIGHT cut the time in half...

4 years ago

ok with performance mode it takes around 30 minutes, but many recipes seem off (no raw materials required)

New response