Manual Inventory Sorting

Makes some tweaks to the way inventory sorting works. You can sort your inventory on demand or toggle auto-sort. It's also possible to sort chests, cars and cargo wagons.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Option to sort logistic trash slots (and maybe requests?)

4 years ago

I'm playing a mod which gives me a lot of random items. I auto-trash them almost always, but sometimes I want to use one or two of the items I normally trash. Since the auto-trash order of items is "as-you-put-stuff-there", I have to look over the auto-trash many times sometimes to find the item I want to use.

I ask politely if we could have it, at least as a button, if not like the other sort options. I worry there may be a crash if one tried to sort before logistic trash slots were available, but that'd be my problem.

4 years ago

That's an interesting idea. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, so I'll give it a go for the next version.

4 years ago

Thank you :)

4 years ago

I added this in 2.2.0 - It's only available if you enable the sorting buttons for now tho.

4 years ago

Good enough m8, thanks, I'll try it out soon.

4 years ago

I finally remembered to try it. You sort the trash that's in the crap being gotten rid of, but not the auto-trash slots in the user interface. Don't know if it was a mistake or mis-communication

4 years ago

Yea, that was definitely miscommunication... Sorting the auto-trash slots is somewhat of an issue as it's not actually an inventory, so I'd have to write a custom sorting algorithm for them... I did do this for inventories before they added it to the API tho, so it's definitely not impossible. They are also not real items that need to stack properly and have durability, ammo and equipment grids which affect how they stack, so it might even be relatively simple...

I might try to do this, but updating crafting combinator is currently a higher priority...

3 years ago

This feature would be great, especially when playing with big mods like Bob's, etc. Auto-thrash quickly becomes a huge mess...

2 years ago

Hi there,

Sorry, do you have any progress so far?

New response