Lux-Mortis deprecated

Survive on a completely dark planet, with life forms that cannot cope with bright light. (in early development)

Scenarios
1 year, 4 months ago
Enemies Environment

g So close...

1 year, 24 days ago

This mod is so close to perfect for the scenario I want to play on Factorio... I'm assuming that what's happening under the hood is that your character takes damage in the dark and it stops when standing in a certain light level? The map and radar being removed kills it for me though. I wish those were togglable options...

1 year, 23 days ago

The map is basically night vision, and also ruins it

1 year, 23 days ago

I wasn't saying to remove it completely, just to make it toggleable so players can choose whether to use it or not for the scenario they're wanting to run with.

I get what you're saying though. For the scenario you're trying to make, what if you made it radar based? Map and minimap are down until you get a radar that's properly powered, then the only thing you can see on the map and minimap is what's revealed by the radar and everything else is blacked out? You could even limit how far the radar reveals the map to keep it from being too overpowered.

1 year, 23 days ago

I had a prototype like this, but it uses a lot of cpu power, it has to fight everything trying to reveal the map.

New response