Overflow Chest

Adds an Overflow Chest which is a requester chest that switches to a passive provider chest whenever its requests are satisfied (and goes back to requester mode when the satisfaction is cancelled). Only configurable in requester mode.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Logistic network

g Will there be an upgrade to 0.18? / What are the differences between overflow chests and buffer chests?

3 years ago

Will there be an upgrade to 0.18?

3 years ago

yes but i need to change some things, mostly to support the increased number request slots from 12 to 30, and test it first. It will probably take a few more days.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

there you go :)

3 years ago

Thank.
Please make another type of chests )
It works the same as the overflow chest, but so that after executing the request, it always remains passive until you enter a new request.

Спасибо.
Пожалуйста, сделай еще один тип сундуков )
Работает так же, как overflow chest, но, чтобы после выполнения запроса он оставался пассивным всегда, пока не введешь новый запрос.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hm i don't know wether or not that is possible. The problem is that passive provider chests don't have any request slots. I could force them to have request slots but that would make the bots deliver items to the same chests they took them from, being stuck in a loop forever. I would need to program some sort of interface for passive provider chests that shows the request slots saved in the global table and gives you the option to change them. That is not easy and would take a while. And i didn't even mention circuit networks yet. I have to think about it.

3 years ago

I tested the overflow chest a little, but did not understand how it differs from the buffer chest?
Explain, please.

Я немного потестировал overflow chest, но не понял, чем он отличается от buffer chest?
Объясните, пожалуйста.

3 years ago

Well there are a couple of differences.

1. The main difference is that buffer chests don't send their items to buffer chests, but overflow chests can request items from overflow chests.

2. This happens without robots ever sending items to the same chest they're taking it from because overflow chests can either be in requester mode or in provider mode, while buffer chests are both at the same time.

3. Only requester chests, that have the "Request from buffer chests" checkbox checked, request items from buffer chests and if they do so, they prefer requesting from buffer chests over any other type of chest. Requester chests always request items from overflow chests, given they're in passive provider mode, without prefering them over other chest types.

4. Buffer chests request from overflow chests, but overflow chests don't request from buffer chests. You can set overflow chests to request from buffer chests, but if they switch into passive provider mode once, the checkbox gets automatically unchecked and you have to manually check it again. Although i will probably change that in future updates.

3 years ago

I play a script where no manual construction (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Braver_New_World). There problems arise when arranging remote outposts - construction robots themselves carry objects from the base, and this takes a very long time.
We need a buffer chest that, after the request has been completely executed, would disable this request forever (until a new request).
The essence is this: you put this chest in place of the outpost and request all the necessary materials for construction in it. After the transport drones fulfill the request, place the drawing and the construction drones will begin to build. And in this chest you no longer need to add items, because they are needed only once.

Я играю в сценарий, где нет ручного строительства (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Braver_New_World). Там проблемы возникают при обустройстве удаленных форпостов — строительные роботы сами таскают предметы с базы, а это очень долго.
Нужен буферный сундук, который после полного выполнения запроса отключал бы этот запрос навсегда (до нового запроса).
Суть такая: ставишь этот сундук на месте форпоста и запрашиваешь в него все необходимые для строительства материалы в нужном количестве. После того, как транспортные выполнят запрос, размещаешь блюпринт и строительные начнут строить. И в этот сундук больше не нужно добавлять предметы, ведь они нужны только один раз.

3 years ago

@theLastEagle, I have a blueprint for you that in vanilla does basically what you're looking for. There's a little overflow (getting more than you need) due to combinator delays and bot behavior, but it basically does the trick.
https://pastebin.com/kHkrKSDK

New response