Logistic Cargo Wagon

Cargo wagons which can directly request items from, and provide items to, the logistic network. Configure items to request and provide at each station for each logistic cargo wagon, allowing flexibility in unloading on curves, changing train length easily without building infrastructure, and further boost loading and unloading rate through robot speed research.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistic network

b Some LTN integration issues

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

So I've started using this with LTN and it's changed my world :D but I've ran into 2 things which would be nice if they are fixable

1. If a train hits the delivery timeout with LTN (this happens to me when my trains are deadlocked), the train will eventually get to the station when i fix the deadlock but nothing unloads, it's as if the train has forgotten what it's delivering. I know using inserters even after the timeout LTN still knows what to deliver and it works fine, I might just end up with more resources than intended which is fine, but with logistic wagons the train just sits there.

2. As a workaround for number 1. I manually put into the logistic wagon what to provide just to unload the train but once you have a slot set to provide the train remembers it, but once the train goes to another station it ignores whatever LTN says to deliver and tries to provide what I manually set as a workaround previously

Number 2, isn't so much of a problem since its working as expected for what you would want outside of LTN. Number 1 on the other hand has caused me a lot of...complications.. on occasion :D

4 years ago

My fix for this was to work around having no timeout in LTN, which is less than ideal so I still support this being changed.

4 years ago

Hrm, fixing this in a way where the LTN delivery is remembered until arrival would be tricky and expensive from a performance perspective.

I think the simpler option is to just implement 'active provider' behavior where it'll just dump anything in the wagon. Which I've been meaning to do anyway as an option in the GUI, the only part I'm not certain on is how to have it 'just work' for LTN users in the case where the delivery was removed from LTN's table, without dropping it into that mode automatically in some unintended places as well for non-LTN-managed deliveries in games where LTN is loaded - maybe if it's set per-wagon, but ideally I'd like to avoid requiring that manual config.

4 years ago

Can you check what the conditions on the trains schedule are? LTN sets those to what it expects to drop off so if you just moved/requested that amount of stuff it should all work, right?

4 years ago

Oh! Yes, that should work nicely, I didn't realize the schedule still had that info.

New response