Logistic Cargo Wagon

Cargo wagons which can directly request items from, and provide items to, the logistic network. Configure items to request and provide at each station for each logistic cargo wagon, allowing flexibility in unloading on curves, changing train length easily without building infrastructure, and further boost loading and unloading rate through robot speed research.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistic network

g Passive wagon?

5 years ago

The current logistic cargo wagon functions as an active chest, any chance that an option could be added for a passive chest-like cargo wagon? Would it be simpler to add a toggle on each wagon, or to have two distinct wagons, or something else. Could be a lot of work and if I'm the only one interested it's probably not worth the effort... Just a thought I had.

Great mod, thanks.

5 years ago

Unfortunately, it's not possible with how the mod currently works - it uses a non-player character's trash slots to provide the items to the network, and those slots always effectively function as 'active providers' - it ought to be possible to use an invisible chest which would allow for better control of priority, but needs a good bit of code to explore.

5 years ago

I understand, thanks for the explanation. As is it's a very clever use of game dynamics!

4 years ago

Thanks for your great work with this mod. I appreciate it might be a lot of work for you so not expecting anything, but passive providing would be a great addition for my games. Or even the ability to select 'passive' or 'active' providing on a per-item basis within the same cargo wagon? Just thought you'd like to know that more than one person is interested.

New response