Logistic Cargo Wagon

Cargo wagons which can directly request items from, and provide items to, the logistic network. Configure items to request and provide at each station for each logistic cargo wagon, allowing flexibility in unloading on curves, changing train length easily without building infrastructure, and further boost loading and unloading rate through robot speed research.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistic network

g Robot World

5 years ago

Cross posted with that mod.

Integration to allow access to the logistics wagon earlier, since the robotic networks become available earlier.

5 years ago

Should be pretty easy to do - does it just need to be modified when Robot World is loaded to be earlier in the tech tree to match the changes that Robot World makes?

5 years ago

Yeah, I believe the entirety of Robotics is locked behind red/green sciences.

5 years ago

Released a new version that should greatly improve things. It needed to stay behind the trash slots 2 research because it depends on having those slots available, so I made it 200 red/green/blue and left the prereqs as-is. Let me know if that seems more reasonable, further adjustments are always possible :)

5 years ago

Is it possible to set it up so that if it registers Robot World as present, that it makes the Logistics trash 2 a pre-req?

5 years ago

I am not sure if it is a recent change, or if i just forgot it earlier. Robot World has all Robotics as red science. including trash slot 2. So if you lock it as red/green, and require railways as pre-req research, then there is a strong progression there for the world.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Hi, I'm the developer of Robot World. I'm trying to get my mod to modify this mod if it is enabled, but doing so leads to a dependency loop. Could you change a few lines of code? Use this instead:

if mods["robotworld"] then
table.insert(data.raw["technology"]["railway"].effects, {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "logistic-cargo-wagon"})
data.raw["technology"]["logistic-cargo-wagon"].enabled = false
end

That would be great, thanks!

5 years ago

GamingComet, definitely, happy to switch things around to make it smoother for your integration!

Just to clarify, would you prefer that I unlock the mod's cargo wagons alongside railway and remove the separate technology that they use (which I'm presently just making a lot cheaper when your mod is loaded)? Or should I also remove the optional dependency that I added toward your mod to make it so you can add an optional dependency on this mod?

Thanks a lot!

5 years ago

Unlocking the logistic cargo wagon alongside railway and disabling the technology was what I had in mind. So instead of making the tech cheaper in the "if mods["robotworld"]", just replace that with the code I listed above. That's all.

5 years ago

I'll test it out, I think these wagons might still need the character logistic and trash slots unlocks (they use a hidden player entity as their logistic network access point, so they act like a player on the same force and unlock their logistic slots with the same tech as normal players).

5 years ago

My mod adds some early character logistic and logistic trash slots, so I think it should work.

5 years ago

Sorry for the delay on this - I left it as its own tech so that I could require the logistic slot research as well as railway (as I think it'd crash the game if someone set up these wagons before those inventories are present on the force's players), but made it cheaper, only require red+green, and only have the minimal prereqs, using your mod's early research as the prereqs if those technologies are present - so it should be in a pretty good place in the tech tree. Let me know if you see any further changes needed!

New response