Logistic Cargo Wagon

Cargo wagons which can directly request items from, and provide items to, the logistic network. Configure items to request and provide at each station for each logistic cargo wagon, allowing flexibility in unloading on curves, changing train length easily without building infrastructure, and further boost loading and unloading rate through robot speed research.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistic network

i concearn

5 years ago

as i see from the recipe it would be like an active provider and that is bad for UPS why not use passive provider?
i fear that the active provider would empty all the wagon at the first stop

5 years ago

It's an active provider in the recipe but "under the hood" it's actually a proxy player entity riding around in the wagon, and the "provided" items are made available to the logistic network via the player entity's trash slots (and requests in the proxy's request slots).

Their "provider" mechanism isn't active all the time, just when their train is currently stopped at a station where they're configured to provide a certain item, which should help keep the UPS impact down -- since the config is per-station, you can for instance request an item at one stop and provide that same item at a different stop in the schedule, so it acts as both a conditional requester and a filtered active provider.

New response