Logistic Carts

by dorfl

Carts (mini cars) carry items around a network of painted paths.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

g Logistic Carts through gates?

5 years ago

Is it posible to let a logistic car drive throug a gate?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You'll have to open the gate with a circuit.

Carts stop at gates because that was the first method of traffic control in the mod, before most of the path tiles and stickers existed. I don't really use gates that way anymore, but unsure if it's worth changing the behaviour.

5 years ago

This is a crazy one.

I made a german tutorial video about this mod and my carts when throu doors without problems in the video.

A viewer told me that his carts wont go through doors.

I was stunned because I was sure it worked on my side...

Well to make the story short ...

In MY game the carts went through doors without problems because there was an invisible neutral player entity in the carts (when they get destroyed by driving against a wall to often they leave a player charakter behind where they die)

So the gate thinks the cart is driven by a human / player and opens. It even triggeres the circuit signal where doors check in a radius if a player is nearby.

But after loading the map from the video and placing NEW carts they did not have any players in them and would not drive through doors ... that was VERY strange.

Same Map > Old Carts move through doors (with "ghostplayer" in them), New Carts wont (because no "ghostplayer" in them)

I have 0 idea what changed ... I used all the mods I used in the first place when I was creating the video ... that is so wired ^^

5 years ago

same for me @ seeeno
for me the reason was the aai deploy state change ,first the ai was on on placement of the carts.
something has changed ...dunno what. but aii now deploys handplaced vehicles with ai off.
with ai on they can drive trough gates, with off state the can't .
dunno if you're even using the aai mods

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i had the opposite problem when trying to use gates and logicarts: the gates can be closed (by circuit network) while a cart is on top of them, and that destroys the carts! and since on a busy route there are lots of carts with low distance to each other, it is quite probable that every time a gate is closed, a cart is destroyed :-(

TL;DR: don't attempt to send any carts through gates although gaps in walls may invite biters. but the only safe way to stop carts is to send them a virtual red signal and NOT to close a gate.

edit: looking at this a while later, maybe gates are still useful ... i believe that biters won't go through any gates, no matter whether open or closed. thus we might use walls and gates to protect the factory from biters, but keep the gate open at all times by sending it a signal. and in front of it have the real signaling by sending red signals there so that carts stop there and don't continue driving through the open gate.

New response