Lex's Aircraft

by lexsus

Your attention is presented to the futuristic VTOL aircraft that are well suited to the style of the game. The mod includes aircraft: transport, light combat, heavy combat.

Content
11 months ago
Transportation Combat

g Suggestions and Feedback

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

First, I really like the look of these aircraft. I think they fit the aesthetic of Factorio for mid to lategame use really well. My only suggestions for improvement are the following:

1. The gunship shares a name with a vehicle from the aircraft mod. Maybe give it a more unique name to differentiate it?

2. The other two ships could use distinct names, too, in my opinion, but at least they don't have a naming conflict.

3. Configurable Cargo for each aircraft in settings

4. Configurable damage and range modifiers per aircraft in settings

5. Different control scheme. The current control scheme makes them very hard to use in combat. The controls that the default vehicles in the game and other aircraft mods use are superior in just about every way. It would be neat to strafe though. Maybe add those as optional controls? Thanks for the work put into this. They look great!

2 years ago

Greetings!

Thanks for the feedback!

1-2. You are right, the names are really the same and convey the general meaning of the aircraft. I will try to give them more unique names )
3. will do
4. Damage modifier and range dependent on ammo. I do not want to introduce individual ammunition because there are already a lot of them.
5. I already understood that control is individual for everyone =) Personally, such control is very comfortable for me. in fact, this is the control of a character or a spidertron

2 years ago

Greetings!

Thanks for the feedback!

1-2. You are right, the names are really the same and convey the general meaning of the aircraft. I will try to give them more unique names )
3. will do
4. Damage modifier and range dependent on ammo. I do not want to introduce individual ammunition because there are already a lot of them.
5. I already understood that control is individual for everyone =) Personally, such control is very comfortable for me. in fact, this is the control of a character or a spidertron

1-3 : Awesome! Thanks!
4 : Damage and range modifiers should be weapon dependent for the vehicle. HelicopterRevival does this already as an example.
5 : Fair enough. Could you add an option to toggle the controls? Also, I guess my main complaint is that you cannot turn the aircraft in place. That is very odd for this type of aircraft. Could that be added?

New response