Leighzer's Morphite

Adds a new supplemental ore that can be processed into the other raw resources.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining

g Hand craft please.

4 years ago

Hiya. I love this mod (and some of your others too) and recently started my first megabase after nearly 4,000 hours playtime. Problem is, I only use Morphite and nothing else.Not being able to handcraft is okay now buy a new game would mean not being able to make anything without other resource types. So could there be an option to turn on or off the handcrafting for Morphite? Thank You for your great mods.

4 years ago

Great point, that aspect slipped my mind. For now I will revert this hand craft change.

I'm still debating hand crafting. The pattern with other ores is they must be processed in a machine(smelter) before they are usable. Changing one ore to another doesn't seem like something that should be possible to do in hand. Also, having these recipes as hand craftable allows morphite to show in the 'total raw' section of recipes, and I don't find that helpful.

On the flip side, this mod has its roots in being simple, adding a minimal amount of complexity so the player can have essentially a wild card raw resource. Having it hand craftable is more forgiving than requiring a machine.

Since now there aren't any hard bugs having it hand craftable, I'll leave it in for now.

If you are curious as to what sparked my interest into all of this:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=83198&p=487969#p487969

4 years ago

Thank You so much. I understand the reason for machine processing so if you do go that way I will certainly still enjoy using your great mods. Thanks

New response