Leighzer's Morphite

Adds a new supplemental ore that can be processed into the other raw resources.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining

g Feedback

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I read your conflicted thoughts regarding this mod and omnimatter in the other thread. I'm about 100 hours into an omnimatter/bobs/angels game and now am about 15 hours into a morphite/bobs (no ores,mci, or electronics)/science ores/omniscience/spacex game. This is ridiculous as everything in research becomes cumulatively more expensive (chemical science pack research is 6100 red/green packs and the rocket silo is 93,000 of all five packs). I love the flexibility of a convert-to-anything resource but am really appreciating the simplicity (in comparison to omnimatter) of morphite. I like that it works in regular assemblers and doesn't require whole new smelting chains just to process. I like that I don't have to deal with massive piles of crushed stone until mid-late game on every resource. I like that converting doesn't give me loads of byproducts to manage. That approach (omnimatter) fits well with the angels mindset (though both together is masochistic) where this is much more casual and (dare I say) fun when I don't want that mind-bending complexity.

So thank you for making this - It's a great idea and a great implementation as well.

4 years ago

It is good to hear this mod fills a niche. When I made this mod that is exactly what I was shooting for. Something that would integrate simply with vanilla, and land more on the casual spectrum of mods that makes the game maybe a bit easier, but in a nice way. Plus, I think the idea of a "wild card" ore is pretty fun. It is very cool to hear the mods are working well in a bobs/omniscience/spacex game!

Thank you for the kind words, feedback, and for playing!

4 years ago

I added an issue on your github with some external-recipe files that I created for myself. Feel free to use the code if you want to include it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Awesome, I have them! I'll get them added in! Thanks for making those files for my own mods!

I was on the fence adding morphite to science ores recipes(since they can get processed straight into science), but now I do agree, if it is an ore, there should be morphite to x recipe for it. I'll change the settings so that for each supported mod that is detected, the player can toggle if there recipes for that mod. For now I will add this to my future feature list.

Thanks for helping!

Edit: typo

4 years ago

You bet! I made them more as an experiment than anything else as I wanted to try a map with nothing but morphite and oil on it but liked the idea of science ores and bottling as well. It's turned out to be enjoyable enough that I thought I'd share.

New response