Leighzer's Morphite

Adds a new supplemental ore that can be processed into the other raw resources.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining

g Morphite experiences and feedback

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm currently playing with lots of mods, also most bob's mods including god modules. But unlike i'm used to, i don't have bob's ores (not even any vanilla ores). Aliens are set to highest possible size and freq, but spawn size is almost max and aliens don't expand. No water except spawn and have WaterWell to provide it. I pushed ore gen sliders to max but highest vein i see near me is 21M. I used to see 100M iron veins from vanilla game near spawn. There was a 100M morphite too further away when i scanned area in 500 tile radius. But it seems the richness is less than vanilla ores? Maybe they are too large in size too.

5 years ago

Interesting! I haven't yet got into a Bob's game, so if recipes need tweaking or are missing let me know!

Yea, I've experimented with the map gen with max size and richness, looks like you can get around 10M to 40M in patches that are very close by.

It appears 0.17 changed their map gen lua code. I did some digging into the data.raw to see the data used for placing regular ores, but it is hard to extract any useful information. With that, for now I kept my 0.16 map gen settings the same for Morphite, the only thing I changed was the coverage factor. I lowered it by 25% which I believe should only really affect the surface area the ore takes up.

Ideally I think I would have Morphite patches occur about 1.5 times more often than vanilla ores and about 1.5 times richer.

4 years ago

Can you see if this works with quarry? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/quarry
I had errors with it, and i know it's an odd idea to have both. If anything, the quarry required to have at least some vanilla generated oil patches to make tier 3 quarries, and this mod can provide crude oil.
It was maybe missing resource icon or something? I'd rather not change my mods again mid playthrough to re-test it. While the quarry supports bob's ores, it didn't write almost any of it in the code. It seems versatile to adapt to any modded ores automatically.

Bob's, quarry and vanilla ores seem to refer to resource.icon, but in morphite i see resource.icons used.

4 years ago

I have tested in the past with quarry mod and encountered that exact error. I wasn't sure anyone would use my mod with quarry so left it alone.

I have a feeling it is a really tiny bug. I'm not sure why I use icons, I forget if that's even necessary. I'll try to get it updated by end of tomorrow! Thanks for pointing that out and playing!

4 years ago

I've patched this bug with quarry mod! Strange that quarry mods shows oil recipes in mk1 + mk2 buildings, however, the machines can't craft them. Either way, the bug has been fixed. -Thanks

New response