Leighzer's Morphite

Adds a new supplemental ore that can be processed into the other raw resources.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Mining

i Bobs Ores support

5 years ago

Hello, there, it would be cool if you could add support for Bobs Ores to be able to make them from Morphite.
You don,t have to, since it´s your mod but, i would be happy, if you could make it.
Thanks in advance

5 years ago

Hello! I am definitely open to the idea of adding support for Bobs Ores. Creating the recipes actually isn't too bad to do. Unfortunately, I have not played with Bob's mod before. With that, I am not familiar with the processing chains these ores have, or their relative values with each other. The short story being I could create recipes, but getting them balanced properly would be a tougher challenge.

If you think 1:1 recipes would work that is definitely something I could implement.

If you would like balanced recipes I would greatly appreciate hearing your ideas!

For inter-mod support I might consider adding functionality that scans what ores/resources are in the map, and then auto-generates perhaps a 1:1 Morphite to x recipe for each ore just so players could perhaps have the option. Maybe that, or an easy to edit config file where players can define recipes in a simple format. Food for thought!

For now I will add this suggestion to possible future additions!

5 years ago

Hello and thanks for the fast answer. I think for testing 1:1 recipes would probably work, and because I have just lately begun to play with Bob´s I have no idea of the right ratios too. Maybe you could add configs to let players customize the ratios if possible? or you probably could ask bobingabout about them.
Thanks in advance

5 years ago

Hello, I have gone ahead and reached out to bobbingabout to hear their take on possible recipes. Stay tuned!

5 years ago

Hello, that´s good to hear.

5 years ago

Hello! I got a hold of Bob and he gave me some great info about his ores. With that I have some news, there is a mod called Omnimatter that essentially does exactly what my mod does, with a whole lot more functionality (recipe generation for Bob's, Angels's etc.). Unfortunately when I set out to write this mod I was unaware such a mod already existed (and was so popular).

This news makes me a bit uncertain where I will take this mod in the future and has shifted my priorities in what I want to add to this mod.

For now for this particular feature request I recommend you check out the Omnimatter mod.

5 years ago

Hello, and thanks for the answer. I knew about Omnimatter, but I asked you because I wanted to have a simple mod that has only resource morphing, without having all that annoying ore-refining and -processing from Angel´s and without having to install several big mods for having something so simple like what your mod brings.

5 years ago

When I discovered Omnimatter my morale took a hit. I am glad to hear that my mod still has its place. My next 2 pieces I will get working next will be recipes for Bob's Ores as well as ensuring my mod works properly with RSO. Thanks for hanging in. I'll see to it that recipes for Bob's ores gets implemented.

5 years ago

Hello, and thanks for working on it and also thanks for not giving up.

5 years ago

Hello, small update. I have been able to detect Bob's Ores and conditionally add recipes if the ores are enabled in the game. I also have been able to add a "Morphite Processing" tab in the crafting menu where all Morphite to X recipes will live. I also have built out some functionality where it will be easier down the road to add Morphite to X recipes for other mods.

The next bit I have left is to design balanced Morphite to Bob's Ores recipes. I may need to start a Bob's game to get a feel for the ore values which may take some time. For now I just create 1:1 recipes.

Otherwise that is my small status update. I will probably wait until 0.17 drops to release this new functionality and patch possible bugs. I'm all ears to thoughts and suggestions. Thank you!

5 years ago

Hello, thanks for the update, then I will wait, take your time and don´t get hasty.

New response