Leighzer's Factoricons

The secret to getting to space is in the planet's water... Complexity mod that adds 9550 abstract intermediary items to the rocket part production chain. Multiplayer recommended. SEE WARNINGS ON MOD PAGE.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g has anyone ever beaten this mod?

3 years ago

I would love to see a screenshot or blueprint showing the sprawl of a factory required to beat this mod!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I don't think anyone has yet. I know Mxlppxl has been making some attempts, and got up to I believe the green (~2000+ items - which is impressive) tier.
I have a dedicated server (Leighzer Server) with most of my mods where the goal is to beat factoricons, but I am still in bootstrapping/pre space science phase.

I'd like to get a steady 60spm, and get into some infinite research tiers - then start the factoricon build.

I'm thinking bot based is the only practical way. One uranium assembler per recipe, max prodded and surrounded with 12 beacons. Plopping down all the buildings, then going through the worst part of clicking through all the GUI's to set the recipes.

If I get the rocket made I will be sure to upload screenshots!

3 years ago

Hey there Leighzer, I was on your server before. I threw this together to help with that "clicking through all the GUI's" issue. Now your issue can be looping through ENTITY_NAME instead.

/c ings = {}
i = 0
n = 0
finalentity = "ENTITY_NAME"
-- Get ingredients
for a,b in pairs(game.player.force.recipes[finalentity].ingredients) do
i=i+1
ings[i] = { b.name, b.amount }
-- log
game.write_file('.txt', b.name .. ":" .. b.amount .. "\n", 'true')
end
-- BP String for an assembler Lvl 3 with inserter in and out with Requester and Provider chest
game.player.cursor_stack.import_stack("0eNqdkltugzAQRfcy33ZEDCSUrURRBGZKRgXbtQ0qQuy9JrSoD9JI/fJr5lzrzh2hbDo0lpSHfASSWjnITyM4qlXRzHd+MAg5kMcWGKiinU+Fc9iWDamat4W8kkIew8SAVIVvkO+nMwNUnjzhwrsdhovq2hJtKFhJzhfyhZNyaH14YWC0C21azdoBxUWU7FIGQ9hmB7FLg0pFFuVSIyb2Cy5WeKNrcp4kl1d0npvwbeqRG6t7qu6opd/VNvjx3zZsQcVDaPJPR/Y/HTlswNN7jlh87cL62IpF5qP88kxN6Fkm+znyVcJQCAwDqbs5VNF0nsNwi0/+JW0M+kBYZpjtk+OTOMZRmogom6Z3nK3XqA==")
print=game.player.cursor_stack
ents = print.get_blueprint_entities()
for i,ent in pairs(ents) do
-- Set recipe in assembler
if ent.name == "assembling-machine-3" then
ent.recipe = finalentity
end
-- Set ingredients in Requester chest
if ent.name == "logistic-chest-requester" then
ent.request_filters = {}
for e,f in pairs(ings) do
n=n+1
-- I like to multiply each ingredient by 10 and ask for that
ent.request_filters[n] = { ['index'] = e, ['name'] = f[1], ['count'] = f[2]*10 }
end
end
end
print.set_blueprint_entities(ents)

Good luck.

2 years ago

Got back to working on this, new map, on greens.

Leighzer - if you have time, please contact me on Discord? Have idea for Factoricons II. Mxlppxl#5999

2 years ago

Got back to working on this, new map, on greens.

Leighzer - if you have time, please contact me on Discord? Have idea for Factoricons II. Mxlppxl#5999

Edit - green parts done, now for blue. Up to 300m copper/iron used on this map so far and it's only going to get worse.

lol

2 years ago

Blue done, 75% done with whatever color is next, orange I think? they all blur together.

Its now 16 mouse clicks from top of parts list to the next part I need to assign to a factory.

2 years ago

Wow great work! If you can host the map public I'd be happy to contribute!

2 years ago

working on a side project at the moment, tad burned out from the mouse clicks, had to buy a new mouse as I think that wore it out (among other clicky games too)

2 years ago

80% done with Orange

2 years ago

Purple done! Getting there...

2 years ago

Nice job I believe!

2 years ago

Moving to new house over the next 2-3 weeks so playtime is limited.

1 year, 11 months ago

Cool concept. I'm working on a self building factory which can (with the recipe combinator, crafting combinator, recursive blueprints and stringy train stops) calculate what is needed and build and configure the factory to automatically target the crafting of any item at any rate without logistics bots. But with 9550 intermediates it's probably not going to to be feasible anyways since just the combinators and roboports (for con bots) will tank the fps even without all the entities needed for crafting and logistics...

7 months ago

Done!

New response