King Jo's Planes

Adds new planes and aa-guns: Northrop B-2 Spirit (Bomber), B-17 Flying Fortress (Bomber), Junkers Ju-87 (Bomber), Messerschmitt Bf-109 (Fighter), Horten Ho-229 (Fighter), Junkers Ju-52 (Transport).

Mod packs
5 months ago
Transportation Combat

g Changes with new AircraftRealism 1.5

1 year, 5 months ago

I want to inform you that the new AicraftRealism 1.5 makes some changes regarding how planes are handled to support shadows. Namely, landing speed is merged into takeoff speed. See here for more information.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

Thanks for notifying me.

But I already got a bug for you to fix. Just load up your mod and the Aircraft mod, get into an aircraft and destroy it by driving into things -> crash it (exiting midflight works too). From now on every vehicle that uses your mod (so aircrafts) gets instantly destroyed when you enter them. Respawning or entering/exiting a car/tank doesn't change that behavious.

Btw I like the new shadow feature but don't really get why you would merge takeoff and landing speed. I actually appreciated that feature because some of my planes do have different speeds in reality.

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

Edit: I just found out that the "Deadly environmental impacts" mod map option has something to do with it. Having it disabled doesn't enable that bug.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

Hello, apologies for late reply, I don't get emails on this thread. I'll look into the bug you mentioned.
Regarding the takeoff speeds, that is because otherwise the animations would not line up when taking off and landing. I could implement something similar to hysteresis (think X axis velocity and Y animation progress) but I fear it would only add on to the list of features people rarely use and confuse players.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

New response