King Jo's Planes

Adds new planes and aa-guns: Northrop B-2 Spirit (Bomber), B-17 Flying Fortress (Bomber), Junkers Ju-87 (Bomber), Messerschmitt Bf-109 (Fighter), Horten Ho-229 (Fighter), Junkers Ju-52 (Transport).

Mod packs
5 months ago
Transportation Combat

g AAI derping

1 year, 7 months ago

For some reason, AAI don't takeoff the plane, and it change his max speed. That make no sens to me cause AAI work nice with Cargo plane but not here. I've tried to set takeoff speed to 2 but nothing change. It's like AAI delete the fly ability for yours planes. There a little issue or uncompatibility?

1 year, 7 months ago

AAI changes some parameters of the planes when it adds them as drones. Atleast that's what it was like the last time I played around with it.

The cargo planes work fine because they aren't from me, so they don't use the aircraft realism mod which adds the necessity to actually take off and also land.
The just drive like a car or tank but without a hitbox.
Also I have no idea how AAI would even work with aircraft realism so. And I really can't be bothered to figure that out. I wanted to make a plane drone delivery service mod once, so you can use planes additionally to trains, but I lost motivation and noone is paying me anyway so. Sorry.

If someone where to tell me what to change to make it work, I'll happily implement that though.

1 year, 7 months ago

I see, so "on-air plane" and "on-ground plane" are two distinct objects, and AAI probably change the "on-ground plane" to drone, so he can't fly.
In other hand cargo plane keep is hitbox (even at 206km/h, flying over sea, worms, turrets and even players can open fire on it) but can pass trought other hitbox... Seem these and yours planes are deeply different.
Well, i don't know lua but i'm use to code. If you're agree, i'll try yo rewrite your planes with the cargo planes method (sofisticate and accurate, don't it) (should I ask to cargo planes creator too?).

1 year, 7 months ago

I suppose i get it... Long story short, is really hard for me to explain that i partially understand. In aircraft realism, there this line:
"if mods["Aircraft"] then
local gunship = aircraftMaker.makeAirborne({name="gunship"})"
I thought this explain why AAI handle other plane's and not your's. AAI seem turn the vanilla object into drone, before aircraft realism change his prorieties. While your plane is already a realistic one, and AAI can't make it takeoff (cause his pathfinding is strange so the vehicle move slowly, and turn often, even if there no object far around).
Then i have the idea to make a thing like:
"if mods["AAI"] then
local bf109 = TurnToDrone({name="bf109"})" while give to AAI a unrealistic version he can handle.
But...I've roughly understand how to write data but this... Could you give me an advice?

1 year, 7 months ago

I doubt making the realistic planes available for AAI would be any good in the first place.
Like, they are then controlled by bad pathfinding, you give em a mission, they start going, at some point take off, then randomly land again when they are close and most probably crash into stuff while. And shooting and bombing? Yeahhh ima be bold and say that that also works bad then.

Btw you can alter whatever you want. But if you upload it and it contains source code of another creator, you have to ask or look at the license. If it's just a modification mod that changes others mod behaviour, then thats alright again.

Btw I actually do not want AAI to have unrealistic drone versions of my planes. Because that destroyes their whole point of beeing realistic.

1 year, 7 months ago

Alright, i understand, in some way AAI and King Jo's Planes ares definitively not compatible. But that make me want to do my own mod. Anyway thank you.

New response