Kizrak's Robots

by kizrak

Material Expensive, balanced, oil-free, tech-early logistic and construction robots. #robots #logistics #early-game #resource-intensive #construction-robots #roboport

Content
1 year, 6 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistic network

g Should I be able to connect the chests to logistics network?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Seems I am unable to attach a wire to the storage chests. Is this expected? Or could it be my mods breaking things?

https://imgur.com/1hl2CKZ

3 years ago

Because of their "lesser" technology (and early research) they do not have that capability. So that is by-design to attempt some balance, and is intended to provide motivation to research and use the vanilla/base versions when they become available. 😎

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

:( Is there a sensible way to control overproduction without relying on filtered stack limits?

I was using storage chest with item produced filter connected to an inserter with condition to filter the same item. So I can control production and anything that gets overproduced (or removed later) goes back into the same chest.

Can we consider a 1-2 tile length for the wire connections? So its still quiet expensive to create proper connected networks, but can be actually useful in a mall kind of scenario. 2 tile length is to make you do storage chest with red inserter (1 for yellow). Believe vanilla wire length is 7 or 9 tiles. Maybe make it optional perhaps?

I was interested in this mod as I tend to spend quiet some time in the pre-oil and pre-yellow science stage.

3 years ago

To my knowledge the prototype API does not give logistic-containers that type of control over wire length. 😞

IIRC, even though you cannot wire to these containers, you could set your inserters to connect to the logistic network for conditional-logic behavior. For example, only enabling the inserter when the logistic network has less than 100 of an item. πŸ‘

3 years ago

Ah okay will try this thanks!,πŸ‘

New response