Krastorio 2 & Space Exploration Optional Tweaks deprecated

by Soggs

Adds a few optional tweaks to the combination of Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration.

3 years ago

g New space exploration update (v3) makes the crashed ship items from krastorio 2 obsolete

3 years ago

New space exploration update (v3) makes the crashed ship items from krastorio 2 obsolete

because space exploration now requires aai industry's the small power poles are now locked beyond a research.
in order to use the damaged ship lab and damaged ship crafters you need to have power poles

by the time you unlock electricity both the ship crafters and especially the ship lab (because it can only use basic tech cards, is slow and at this point your already using red tech cards) is basically useless especially scince this is the point in the game where you unlock better versions

i think that the small power poles should either be moved back to being gained upon startup or the player should spawn with a couple in their invintory.

3 years ago

Wouldn't that be a AAI Industries thing? IIRC it's industries that locks electricity behind tech.

3 years ago

The whole power pole starting business there is something I am not sure how to handle. The easiest is probably to add some poles to the starting inventory but due to the random spread you would need to add a few.

There is also the idea of adding a pylon like entity to the wreck which would connect everything. Personally I am not sure how I want to handle that yet.

3 years ago

Wouldn't that be a AAI Industries thing? IIRC it's industries that locks electricity behind tech.
"because space exploration now requires aai industry"

3 years ago

i have a weird idea

why not add a power pole that is kinda like a plug as in that it only provides electricity in a single tile beside it

it wouldn't be op especially since you cant get any other power producing items until then

another idea is to add some extremely low distance power poles like wires

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

"because space exploration now requires aai industry"

Ah didn't notice. I've always had it installed and didn't notice the requirement.

New response