Janky beacon rebalance

Implements a hacky way of the new factorio 2.0 style beacon transmission effects according to FFF-409

Tweaks
29 days ago
Manufacturing

b crash on deconstruction w Bot

a month ago

want to deconstruct all the beacons on the map bcs i wanted to use the t3 beacons from FF+ and dont lose all my modules.

got this error:The mod Janky beacon rebalance (0.2.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event janky-beacon-rebalance::on_robot_mined_entity (ID 66)
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:266: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:266: in function 'update_beacons_around_target'
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:220: in function 'on_destroyed_entity'
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:148: in function <janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:147>

a month ago

after some try and error i found out it only happens with janky beacon(x5)

a month ago

mining from hand gave me this The mod Janky beacon rebalance (0.2.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event janky-beacon-rebalance::on_player_mined_entity (ID 67)
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:266: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:266: in function 'update_beacons_around_target'
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:220: in function 'on_destroyed_entity'
janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:148: in function <janky-beacon-rebalance/control.lua:147>

the rest of the map is now beacon free and i have only few number 5 beacons. so no need to fix this for me :)

a month ago

Thanks for your bug report! I updated the code to check if there are any suitable beacons around the target before it crashes on line 266.

Since you're playing with a mod that adds other beacons beside vanilla ones I'm not sure if this mod can handle that properly.

New response