Please report any bugs and send me your ideas.
This mod adds the following features. Each one has a setting to disable it.
You can help translate this mod on Crowdin.
Recipes to upgrade lower tier items into higher tier ones. The recipes are added in a new tab and can only be crafted by the player. The ingredients are as close to the normal recipes as possible, while still being beneficial over just discarding the lower tier items. The following recipes are available:
- Wood chest -> Iron chest
- Iron chest -> Steel chest
- Burner inserter -> Inserter
- Small electric pole -> Medium electric pole
- Medium electric pole -> Big electric pole
- Big electric pole -> Substation
- Burner mining drill -> Electric mining drill
- Stone furnace -> Steel furnace
- Steel furnace -> Electric furnace
- Boiler -> Heat exchanger
- Steam engine -> Steam turbine
- Pistol -> Submachine gun
- Shotgun -> Combat shotgun
- Cannon shell -> Explosive cannon shell
- Uranium cannon shell -> Explosive uranium cannon shell
- Explosive rocket -> Atomic bomb
- Light armor -> Heavy armor
- Heavy armor -> Modular armor
- Modular armor -> Power armor
- Power armor -> Power armor MK2
Wood to coal
A recipe to smelt two wood into one coal.
Oil and barrel recipes, fluids and solid fuel are reordered to be more consistent.
- New fluid and barrel order: Water, (Steam,) Crude oil, Heavy oil, Light oil, Petroleum gas, Sulfuric acid, Lubricant
- Solid fuel recipes order: From Heavy oil, Light oil, Petroleum gas
- Solid fuel is moved behind Sulfur
Some items that I feel are in the wrong place in the recipe book:
- Repair pack is moved in front of robots
- Artillery wagon is moved behind artillery turret
In vanilla the tank has a flamethrower even if you haven't research them yet, same with the submachine gun and the car. The dev's don't consider this a bug. I fixed it anyway:
- Automobilism requires military
- Tank requires flamethrower
Bonus technology dependencies
Bonus technologies require technologies according to their bonuses and science packs. The following dependencies are added:
- Braking force 3 -> Production science pack
- Braking force 6 -> Utility science pack
- Energy weapons damage 5 -> Destroyer
- Inserter capacity bonus 3 -> Chemical science pack
- Inserter capacity bonus 4 -> Production science pack
- Inserter capacity bonus 7 -> Utility science pack
- Laser shooting speed 5 -> Utility science pack
- Mining productivity 2 -> Chemical science pack
- Mining productivity 3 -> Production science pack + Utility science pack
- Physical projectile damage 2 -> Logistic science pack
- Physical projectile damage 3 -> Military science pack
- Physical projectile damage 5 -> Tank
- Physical projectile damage 6 -> Utility science pack
- Refined flammables 3 -> Chemical science pack
- Refined flammables 4 -> Utility science pack
- Research speed 3 -> Chemical science pack
- Research speed 5 -> Production science pack
- Research speed 6 -> Utility science pack
- Stronger explosives 2 -> Land mine
- Stronger explosives 3 -> Chemical science pack + Rocketry
- Stronger explosives 4 -> Utility science pack
- Weapon shooting speed 3 -> Rocketry
- Weapon shooting speed 5 -> Tank
- Weapon shooting speed 6 -> Utility science pack
- Worker robot speed 3 -> Utility science pack
- Worker robot speed 5 -> Production science pack
- Worker robot storage 2 -> Production science pack
- Worker robot storage 3 -> Utility science pack
41 new virtual signals.
- 15 virtual signals for all warning and alert icons.
- 12 virtual signals for recipe icons like rocket part and kovarex enrichment process.
- 14 virtual signals for barreling and unbarreling recipe icons (including ones added by mods).
Variated mining results
Results when mining trees, rocks and fish are variable like the huge rock in vanilla.
- Trees: 2 to 4 wood
- Dead trees: 1 to 3 wood
- Big rock: 17 to 23 stone
- Fish: 2 to 8 raw fish