Homeworld Redux

by Silari

Supply resources to your homeworld so that civilization can be restored. Update of Homeworld mod, originally by ljdp

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g Sand

3 years ago

Hi i was wondering if you could possibly make the sand in this mod compatibly with the sand in space exploration mod? That would be so cool being able to mine sand instead of make it from rocks?Pretty please?

3 years ago

SE is pretty strict about letting mods mess with their progression, and I'd rather not have to update this to deal with changes it makes, so that's probably not going to happen.

I might add it into a separate compatibility mod though. Would be fairly simple to do and much less work to maintain, and if Earendel has an issue with it he can blacklist the compatibility mod and not this one.

3 years ago

Ok looking into it sand's ALREADY compatible since they use the same internal name. The stone->sand recipes are still there but mining it is an option as well. The sand-glass recipe is kind of an issue, with the Homeworld one being cheaper and faster, but not really a problem.

I made some minor tweaks to make the mod prefer using the AAI/SE versions of sand and glass over creating it's own though.

3 years ago

Will this make changes to an existing save? And will this update still make it possible to mine sand directly?

3 years ago

I didn't have any issues in testing, and there shouldn't be any since recipes/techs/etc weren't actually changed. The items were just swapped between the two versions, so icon/description will change, but since the name is the same it should just work. A few things might be located in a different position in the crafting menu though.

Sand resource still exists for mining.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thank you so much you the best. :) It works great only one downside. lol there isnt any sand on navis with my current save but there is on other planet haha guess al manage haha.

3 years ago

Sand only generates on sandy tiles (basically any vanilla or alien biomes tiles with 'sand' somewhere in the name), so it's totally possible to not have any if you don't have much desert. Usually not a problem, but I think SE tweaks terrain generation quite a bit so it's quite possible.

New response