Homeworld Redux

by Silari

Supply resources to your homeworld so that civilization can be restored. Update of Homeworld mod, originally by ljdp

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

b [DONE]no Portal?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i played this a long time ago and i don't know if the mechanics have changed. i just started a new game with base and homeworld only. there is no portal that i can find in my inventory or unlocked in research. what am i missing? i am playing newest homeworld version with factorio release version. thanks

edit. laeving this so others can see. the portal is unlocked with electronics 2 or 3. i couldn't find it so i installed fnei to look for it.

3 years ago

You should still be getting a free one when a new game starts or the mod is first loaded in an old game - the latter still works normally. Almost certainly a result of the freeplay cutscene, as it broke a number of mods adding startup items. I'll get a fix up for it soon.

3 years ago

This should be resolved for new games with the updated version - the free portal will show up in the crashed spaceship. For other game types it should still show up in the inventory as it used to. Unfortunately it won't retroactively fix it for games that were already started, but as you've already seen they can be built later in the tech tree.

3 years ago

thank you! i was not getting the free one. i had the black market 2 mod and would buy the portal.

mods this might conflict with for adding portal at start crash, AAI adds a miner car and Krastorio2 adds a tent. will test it.

3 years ago

It should be fine unless they're overwriting the starting items in the ship. On my side, I call the remote script setup in freeplay to find whats currently supposed to spawn in the ship, then add the portal to the table and set the items to be the new table. This means it won't overwrite any other changes other mods have done.

3 years ago

i tested with both mods and it worked perfectly! so excited. time to spam the waters with fisheries.

New response