Homeworld Redux

by Silari

Supply resources to your homeworld so that civilization can be restored. Update of Homeworld mod, originally by ljdp

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g Sand collector ins't working, or i'm trying to use it wrong way...

6 years ago

Can u write up some infos, whats what and how/where it' used....all itens does have info, this one does not, i try to put on desert, seems to be desert/sand to me at least....
i do have Alien Biomes tho...is that the issue maybe?

6 years ago

are you trying to mine stuff that looks like sand or the deposits of sand? sand is like stone or coal and shows up in the map like any other deposit.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

As noted, sand is a resource that shows up on the map like stone/iron/etc. The big difference is that it is always and only generated on sand tiles.

In default factorio 0.15, this is sand/sand-dark.

For Factorio 0.16, this is the four sand-# tiles, AND the four red-desert-# tiles. Red sand got added due to the larger number of biomes making sand less common.

Alien Biomes won't have any of it's sand types added to the list of viable spawn locations, so you'd have to look for a vanilla desert. They should still spawn, but would be less common due to the higher number of biomes.

6 years ago

Tossed a new image in the gallery showing what sand looks like both on the ground and on the map. Hopefully that helps this - seemed to come up a lot on the old version too.

6 years ago

And another new version up - Alien Biomes tiles that are sandy are also viable tiles for sand to spawn. This would need you to generate new chunks if you don't want to restart your map.

New response