Homeworld

by Jorn86

Supply resources to your homeworld so that civilization can be restored. Update of Homeworld mod, originally by ljdp and Silari.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

b Game error + quit to main menu when placing requirements or stockpile reader

4 years ago

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-pbwkkeQCudFPjxCDhB0lAq7YI-CNqTO

265.954 Error MainLoop.cpp:1195: Exception at tick 2754714: The mod Homeworld caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event homeworld-reloaded::on_built_entity (ID 6)
Unknown item name: true
stack traceback:
homeworld-reloaded/scripts/combinator.lua:30: in function 'update'
homeworld-reloaded/scripts/updater.lua:18: in function 'on_built'
homeworld-reloaded/control.lua:34: in function <homeworld-reloaded/control.lua:31>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__homeworld-reloaded
/scripts/combinator.lua:30: in function 'update'
homeworld-reloaded/scripts/updater.lua:18: in function 'on_built'
homeworld-reloaded/control.lua:34: in function <homeworld-reloaded/control.lua:31

Factorio .17.69, Homeworld 0.1.1. Happens with requirements or stockpile reader.

4 years ago

I might be getting hit with weird multiple bugs because I've been shoving everything in the same town portal. I noticed bread wasn't getting teleported off at all for a while, and maybe still true, and I'm at tier 2. It might be related to letting the previous tier count for the current tier's sustenance/population decrease stats.

I'm getting this bug now when I do /homeworld stockpile (it worked previously):

1661.175 Error MainLoop.cpp:1195: Exception at tick 2794028: Error while running command "homeworld": homeworld-reloaded/scripts/homeworld.lua:94: attempt to concatenate local 'item' (a boolean value)
stack traceback:
homeworld-reloaded/scripts/homeworld.lua:94: in function 'add'
homeworld-reloaded/scripts/homeworld.lua:99: in function 'print_stockpile'
homeworld-reloaded/scripts/homeworld.lua:344: in function <homeworld-reloaded/scripts/homeworld.lua:322>

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Got this error too, a negative population increase, sorry :(
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KdHoSwblpq2caiWKyPh2_W3cm8_rXES4

Edit: putting these all together since the latest version is doing weird stuff in my game.

4 years ago

Thanks for the reports, I'm starting to think I released the wrong version that doesn't have some fixes. I'll have a look when I can, but it might be a few days.

4 years ago

Found it, there was some old config still hanging around in the standard requirements, causing all kinds of issues. I tested mainly with the military requirements. Sorry. Fixed in 0.1.2.

I'm still looking for the negative pop increase, will fix that in 0.1.3, hopefully later today.

4 years ago

I fixed some calculations regarding pop increases. Let me know if you still have issues.

4 years ago

Still having the stockpile reader 'crash'. The version uploaded has a dependency of base .17.70, which is newer than the Steam+Windows version, .17.69. I changed the version number and was running it. The tier-2 bread-not-going and negative "popuplation" increase did go away (there's a typo in that string, I didn't mention it before because I don't care).

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I can't reproduce the stockpile reader crash on the latest version. If it still happens, can you try the command /hwreset stockpile in the console? Fair warning, it'll fully clear your stockpile so be prepared to refill it.

And if that doesn't fix it, can you upload your saved game so I can debug it?

4 years ago

I can look into it again. It's been almost a month

4 years ago

Closing this, since I haven't heard anything and it's probably already fixed anyway. Feel free to open a new thread if you still have problems.

This thread has been locked.