Hacked Splitters deprecated

You've used your ingenuity as an engineer to hack your original splitter design, creating new splitters that perfectly balance transport belt inputs. These hacked splitters require extra circuitry and are best used with single-item belts as they no longer perform the function of their baser models. They unlock when their respective counterparts become available.

Content
6 years ago
Transportation

g Hacked splitter not forcing items correctly (imo).

7 years ago

I noticed that on my science setup my hacked splitter wasn't forcing items the way i thought it was meant to. (Picture for ease of explanation, excuse the terrible drawing, http://imgur.com/a/3lWBj) The Red shows what should be happening in conjunction with the Blue, but only the blue occurs. This means that my science only functions on one side wasting power. The way i assumed the Hacked splitter worked was that NO MATTER WHAT it forced items down any available side of the belt not just when there was no preferable input. I can get around the problem with some additional belt but I still think the hacked splitter isn't working as intended.

7 years ago

In short, it is a side-effect of the performance changes. Your outputs will still be balanced, though. See this bug.

7 years ago

Ok after reading that I can see that the behavior is there to save Performance and in that case it is working as intended. Thank you.

New response