Sniper Rifle Revived

by kreeg

Can not come to the base of the enemy? Do worms kill you without letting you get close? There is a solution - a sniper rifle, punish the enemies!

Content
3 years ago
Combat

b Found your Issue

3 years ago

Looks like I found the issue of why it was not working the icon path for the sniper rifle and Explosive rounds in the data.lua where not changed.

So

icon = "gun-sn/graphics/icons/gun-sn.png",

changes to

icon = "gun-snRevived/graphics/icons/gun-sn.png",

The other icon path needs the same change.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I fixed those previously.

I then got the mod to load up but the gun did nothing in game. That's the reason I pulled the mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I've done some testing with creative mod and it appear to work fine with both the space bar and c for firing.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

If you want to upload your version of the mod then go ahead. The license of the original mod allows you to do so. Or I can do it. Either way, up to you.

3 years ago

Nah go ahead and upload it. I was looking into the original when I found this mod. I was planning to use it for creating an expanded weapons mod for K2. I though to let you know that the mod did work after the fix it was just hard to tell due to the slow rate of fire.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am absolutely clueless when it comes to modding and was trying to get a few of my favorite outdated mods to work with the Factorio updates.

I learned something new from your advice and was able to get a couple more outdated mods to work.

Thanks for your help!

New response