by ElAdamo

It burns.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.0
Power

g Base Mod or Research

4 years ago

I downloaded both this and your gas boiler, but can't seem to find them in game. Is there a base mod that I need to download? or so tech tree im not seeing?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The gas generator gets added to the electric engine technology (This and the recipe reflect the fact that it's basically a giant electric engine.), and the gas boiler gets added to the fluid handling technology. You do not need any other mods to use them. If you already had those technologies researched when you added the mod, sometimes the game does not pick up on this, and so it won't automatically enable the new recipes. I'm not entirely sure why this is a problem: sometimes the game DOES pick up on the new recipes and add them, and sometimes it doesn't. If this is the case, you can fix it by running the command game.player.force.reset_technology_effects(). That will enable/disable all recipes according to what should be enabled by your current force's researched technologies. If you are concerned about not disabling achievements, the mod "admin commands" gives a way to run a command without disabling achievements. I use that.

4 years ago

So the game.player.force.reset_technology_effects() command didn't work. Used the give recipe command, made a couple and now they are consuming fluid without giving any energy. Any idea?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm a bit confused. What is the given recipe command? The only command I told you was the reset_technology_effects(), and you said this did not work. Can you please clarify? Then I can try to answer your other question. Do you still not have access to the recipe? Did you put "/c" in front of the command so it runs as a command, or "/ac" if you used the admin commands mod?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

If you do have the recipe now, and you see that the generator is full of fluid, but it is not burning, then it's possible you need to activate fuel_value on your fluids. Fluids do not have fuel_value in vanilla. You can use the setting in this or the boiler mod to activate fuel_value on vanilla fluids, or check out my "Carbon" mod: that mod also activates fuel_value on vanilla fluids and adds more fluids to burn. There are other mods that add fuel_value to fluids, I'm sure, but I just use the Carbon mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The give recipe command ( /c game.player.force.recipes["gas-generator"].enabled=true ) was something I picked up off the wiki. But I reran /c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects() as an /ac command and now I do have the recipes for both the boiler and the generator. I have tried them both now with crude oil, and petroleum. The boiler will not work with anything, and according to the game statistics, the generator will consume the 120 fluid a second that it is supposed to, but the generator is not outputting any power, nor does the generator itself say that is consuming any fluid.

Edit: Just saw your second post. Let me try your carbon mod as well.

4 years ago

Sounds like you haven't activated the fuel_value on the fluids to me, then. Go ahead and do that and you should be good to go.

4 years ago

Download your carbon mod and they work like a charm now. Thanks for your help ElAdamo.

4 years ago

Fantastic! Thanks for your interest and enjoy!

New response